• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fighting vs. Sonic - Need serious help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

colinies

Smash Cadet
NNID
CoLiNieS
Hey guys, for some reason I just can't get past the Sonic MU. Once they get that lead on you, it feels impossible to get back. His camping game is so good I can never find myself able to catch up and even if I do i'm just getting baited and then punished. F Smash comes out so fast and kills at such low percents... it's insane. Anyone have any advice for this MU? Also, Ik the matchup thread covered this, but a lot of things have changed since then and I feel we need an update. Thanks in advance.

DarkFox207

Smash Rookie
NNID
DarkFox207
Just re read the thread if anything the MU has become easier due to Sonic's nerfs. Anyways use a lot of RAR's Bair/Nair in neutral, tilts especially Up tilt when he is close to you and f tilt to keep him away. Now get him in the air and juggle with up air chains and try to predict his airdodges, you can laser him more reliably now due to the lasers endlag decrease but don't abuse it since he will probably still be able to grab you. Dair (canceled) or up tilt to pop him up and juggles. Now when you are recovering pray that he doesn't hit the 1 frame everytime because he can kill you as early as 70% if he does.Or mix up your recovery with illusion and up b (he might try to stage spike you though) be ready for the tech then. You have to be able to punish his SD/SC Out of shield with up air, if they spring right away do a full hop up air, and just keep him in the air in general and lastly watch the % if you don't kill him when you are supposed to at 90% (with either a nair, dair to up smash follow up) it'll become hard to kill him since non of our set ups into kills will link as reliably (Nair/Dair to up smash, dash attack to up air) you'll have to rely on reads or a bair near the ledge and a raw up smash/down smash gets shield grabbed and we can die from 3 throws.

Now do you remember me from COD :) I was in NKO and I didn't knew you played smash lol

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom