• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fighting characters with ranged attacks?

InternetSandman

Smash Rookie
NNID
InternetSandman
I was just playing on FG, and ignoring the issues that online input lag causes with a character such as Ganondorf, I was still having problems approaching characters like Samus, Link, Mario and Luigi, and Shiek, especially once they figured out that I wasn't good at approaching and they could just projectile spam and keep me away. What are some good tactics for dealing with projectile spam? I've lost more than one tournament match to this as well and I need ways around it that aren't easily punishable

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Very matchup dependent. Powershield where applicable. Be ready to read rolls/dodges, and against people that refuse to respect your attacks, force them to play defensively by threatening to DA/Wizkick. Against Mario, N-air a lot if he tries to approach behind a fireball and swat his fireball. Against Luigi if you're at low percents it's sometimes worth getting hit and being ready to mash an attack. Against Link, do your best to get just outside his Jab range and watch what he does.

Honestly most projectile characters minus Sheik and Luigi aren't that hard for Ganon, given in most cases, many of them really don't have very great midrange tools.

Last edited:

Pyrofishy

Smash Cadet
Very matchup dependent. Powershield where applicable. Be ready to read rolls/dodges, and against people that refuse to respect your attacks, force them to play defensively by threatening to DA/Wizkick. Against Mario, N-air a lot if he tries to approach behind a fireball and swat his fireball. Against Luigi if you're at low percents it's sometimes worth getting hit and being ready to mash an attack. Against Link, do your best to get just outside his Jab range and watch what he does.

Honestly most projectile characters minus Sheik and Luigi aren't that hard for Ganon, given in most cases, many of them really don't have very great midrange tools.
What would you say about projectile spammers?

I really struggle with projectile spammers, even more when they're actually good and it's near impossible to get near them.

MagiusNecros

Smash Master
Powershield until they get bored.

Slowly invade their zone and make them move.

Top Bottom