• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ff into glide for a deadly slide?

guitarnerd

Smash Cadet
I was messing around with gliding and stuff, and I found that you can ff into a glide. This may already be known, but this could be coupled with attack canceling out of the glide to slide. From that slide, any attack can be done, so maybe pit's smashes could have a bit more range this way? Also, since glides can happen so close to the ground, maybe there could be a trick to getting this momentum from a ff'd glide...
Your guys' thoughts?

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
You hit down right as you go into the glide animation it can be hard to do but you'll know when you get it

CORY

wut
BRoomer
i tried messing around with that concept, but it just seems too clunky to set up and use in an actual match. you have to hit the ground at a certain angle to get a decent slide and your opponent will most likely be free to counter your slide before you can do anything.

it might have a few situational uses, but, i don't see it as being worthwhile to practice with : /

Declan

Smash Apprentice
I was messing around with gliding and stuff, and I found that you can ff into a glide. This may already be known, but this could be coupled with attack canceling out of the glide to slide. From that slide, any attack can be done, so maybe pit's smashes could have a bit more range this way? Also, since glides can happen so close to the ground, maybe there could be a trick to getting this momentum from a ff'd glide...
Your guys' thoughts?
ya, I've already seen this done in a couple vids. The ff is actually something that has been coined glide shifting. Search for it if you're interested.

Top Bottom