• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

FF in 2v2 tournaments

Cynan Machae

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CynanMachae
So, I organized a tournament this weekend with some friends, and we had a 2v2 tournament too. Most of them (if not all) don't know much about tournament and how smash melee is competitive at high level and stuff, and mostly play smash casually.

So, I tried to get them to play with friendly fire on for 2v2, but they couldn't be convinced. Mostly because I don't really know why Friendly Fire is most on the time on in tournament. I was the only one for it, some didn't care, but most didn't even want it.

So, could someone help me with the arguments for Friendly Fire?

Thanks.

TelpeFion

Smash Lord
With FF off people can just spam more, you don't have to think as much, thus it takes less skill. Also, with FF on, you can save your partner with tactical attacks. So FF on means more skill required to win.

Cynan Machae

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CynanMachae
Thanks.

So basicly, projectiles are overpowered in 2v2 with FF OFF, so any character with good projectile spam tend to be imbalanced.

So, only the projectiles?

Sliq

Smash Master
Thanks.

So basicly, projectiles are overpowered in 2v2 with FF OFF, so any character with good projectile spam tend to be imbalanced.

So, only the projectiles?
It requires more teamwork and strategy to avoid striking your teammates, plus you can save your teammate.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
A double Peach team con do d-smashes. If they play Ness then they can heal/yyg with their teamate.

Cynan Machae

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CynanMachae
I'm not sure I understand the Down smash part with peach in relation to friendly fire :\

And yea the healing, bu my guess is that you don't have really the time for this without getting punished :p

Top Bottom