• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Few questions about Olimar

Super_Nostalgic

Smash Apprentice
Hey, I'm new 'round these parts and I'm interested in maining Olimar. Now, I've been watching a lot of the videos, but the problems with videos is that it doesn't show what buttons people are pushing, and how long they hold them. So, I wondering a couple things:
When your plucking Pikmin, can you just hold the B button and pick them out as fast as possible instead of hitting it several times?
And second, what does your B down do to your momentum when using it in the air? Is it like Foxes reflector or what?

sfxfly

Smash Rookie
I played Brawl once, and after using Olimar a couple of times, I think I do recall just holding down the B button to pluck the pikmin. I would probably be much more faster than repeatedly tapping the B button, but Olimar plucks those little buggers so fast it hardly matters.

And I don't think I used Olimar's whistle while airborne, but I can bet it won't do anything to slow down your fall. It might, but the whistle ends pretty quickly so I don't think there would be much use to it.

Super_Nostalgic

Smash Apprentice
Okay thanks. The reason I asked about holding B is that when I see gameplay vids, I see people only plucking out like 3 more when they only have one, and if they held B it would maximize the amount they could pick in the small amount of time they had.
Also, I read somewhere that you could do wistle like 2.5 times per second, so when recovering, it helps to have a Purp in front to get off any edgehoggers, and slowing down midair would make that a ton easier. But I saw a vid and it doesn't, shame.

Oceanborn

Smash Journeyman
The whistle grants an invincibility shield for a moment though. And I never seen it slow Olimar down in the videos I've seen, but it would be nice. That would sort of fix the sucky live-or-die recovery.

S2

Smash Lord
The whistle grants an invincibility shield for a moment though. And I never seen it slow Olimar down in the videos I've seen, but it would be nice. That would sort of fix the sucky live-or-die recovery.
From what I've played, unless your really trying to get flowers on your pikmin's heads... the whiste doesn't have a lot of use outside of the super armor frames.

You pick them so quickly that they are pretty disposable and its not worth the time to try and save them.

Top Bottom