• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Southwest [Feb 21, 2015] Play It Again Smash 4, PM, and Melee (Coweta, Oklahoma)

dizney

Smash Cadet
NNID
mdizney
Announcing a new reoccuring tournament outside of Tulsa Oklahoma, Play It Again will host both Smash 4 and Project M Singles. At the moment, it isn't decided whether the tournament will become a monthly, a bi-weekly, or a weekly. We plan on trying out different events, along with testing different Smash 4 rules and stages.

Registration will begin at 12 pm at the venue, and close at 1:15 pm.
The events will run side by side, starting at 1:30 pm.
Stuff happens. If you cannot make it by 12:45 and want to participate, call me
immediately and I will work with you.

Venue:

Play It Again
11905, Coweta, OK 74429
The Venue is off of 51. If for some reason you cannot find the venue, please call myself or the shop directly.

Fees:
Venue Fee: $5*
Smash 4 Singles: $5
Project M Singles: $5
Melee Singles: $5
*The venue fee for this tournament will be waived if you enter all three events*
Rules:
Smash 4:
Stock: 3*
Timer: 8 minutes*
Customs turned OFF*
Bracket: Best of 3
Finals (Winner,s Losers, and Grands): Best of 5
Payout: 1st: 60%, 2nd: 30%, 3rd: 10%*

The Starter Stage will be selected through using a 1-2-1 stage striking system. Player one will strike a stage, player two will strike two stages, and player one will select the stage from the last two. Rock, Paper, Scissors will decide who is player one and player two. Winner of the most recent match will be able to ban 2 stages. Loser of the most recent match selects a stage that has not been banned, whether it is a starter or a counter pick. If a player has won on a stage before, they can no longer select that stage. Once the loser has chosen the stage, the winner of the most recent match chooses his character first.

Starter Stage List:
Final Destination
Smashville
Battlefield
Town and City
Duck Hunt
*Counter Picks:
Kongo Jungle 64
Halberd
Delfino Plaza
Pokemon Stadium 2

* Subject to change
Project M:
Stock: 4
Timer: 8 Minutes

The Starter Stage will be selected through using a 1-2-1 stage striking system. Player one will strike a stage, player two will strike two stages, and player one will select the stage from the last two. Rock, Paper, Scissors will decide who is player one and player two. Winner of the most recent match will be able to ban 3 stages. Loser of the most recent match selects a stage that has not been banned, whether it is a starter or a counter pick. If a player has won on a stage before, they can no longer select that stage. Once the loser has chosen the stage, the winner of the most recent match chooses his character first.

Starter stage list:
Yoshi's Story (Melee)
Pokemon Stadium 2
Battlefield
Smashville
Dreamland
Counter Picks:
Lylat
Final Destination
Warioware
Green Hill Zone
Fountain of Dreams
Melee
Stock: 4
Timer: 8 Minutes

The Starter Stage will be selected through using a 1-2-1 stage striking system. Player one will strike a stage, player two will strike two stages, and player one will select the stage from the last two. Rock, Paper, Scissors will decide who is player one and player two. Winner of the most recent match will be able to ban 1 stage. Loser of the most recent match selects a stage that has not been banned, whether it is a starter or a counter pick. If a player has won on a stage before, they can no longer select that stage. Once the loser has chosen the stage, the winner of the most recent match chooses his character first.

Starter Stage List:
Yoshi's Story
Fountain of Dreams
Battlefield
Final Destination
Dreamland
Counter Picks:
Pokemon Stadium

Rulesets are NEVER final, and can always be changing.

In addition to the payouts, there will be a $50 prize bonus for each event!

If you have any questions, please feel free to call or text me (214) 766-8822
Venue Contact numbers: (918) 486-7529, (918) 486-7529

Last edited:

~Sage

Smash Rookie
Really hope I can make it. I am trying to get a few friends of mine to go which would help with the gas (OKC region) If I can get all of them there would be five of us.

hakaithesamurai

Smash Cadet
NNID
hakai009
3DS FC
3969-5099-6833
Yes we do! Right now we only have one wii u set up. We have an extra monitor, so you wouldn't need to worry abut that, but no Wii U+adapter set up for that.
Ok I have a wiiu with adapter setup I will bring for that monitor

3870x2

Smash Rookie
NNID
3870x2
3DS FC
2852-8211-0162
I am not for sure that I can attend yet (coming from Joplin) but if I do, I will bring a setup. Smash 4, WiiU, and 24" 120hz gaming monitor.

dizney

Smash Cadet
NNID
mdizney
Ok I have a wiiu with adapter setup I will bring for that monitor
Perfect!

I am not for sure that I can attend yet (coming from Joplin) but if I do, I will bring a setup. Smash 4, WiiU, and 24" 120hz gaming monitor.
Ahh that sounds perfect, hope you can make it out!

Will there be a stream?
At the moment, I don't have an answer for this. We do have the means to stream and record, however I'm still toying around with everything to have good quality. No matter what I WILL record the matches for at least Smash 4, and upload at least the finals to youtube. I also am stuck with what to stream, as having 3 events would be hard to set up that way. If we DO stream, it will probably end up only being Smash 4.

danbi

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4742-7337-2200
I'm really excited to see more tournaments popping up in this area. You should create an event page that people can join so you have an idea about your numbers. I will be coming with 3-5 people

dizney

Smash Cadet
NNID
mdizney
I'm really excited to see more tournaments popping up in this area. You should create an event page that people can join so you have an idea about your numbers. I will be coming with 3-5 people
There is an event page, but I'm not sure anyone has used it as much as this page. That sounds awesome though, can't wait to see you guys out here!

3870x2

Smash Rookie
NNID
3870x2
3DS FC
2852-8211-0162
If you are going to use Challonge, can you set it up for people to register? It will give us a good idea on the number of people going.

Kami~

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kamicario
oh I wanna try to come
or someone should pick me up on the way from east oklahoma poteau

Probalo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Mattoswine
3DS FC
4356-0295-3822
Switch FC
SW 5442-3764-0807
Would I be allowed to use a Pro controller in the Smash 4 tourney? Is there any rule about controllers?

3870x2

Smash Rookie
NNID
3870x2
3DS FC
2852-8211-0162
oh I wanna try to come
or someone should pick me up on the way from east oklahoma poteau
I might be able to swing by if the family is not going to be coming with me. Don't count on me, but I'll let you know if I can swing by. Coming from Joplin, Missouri so it is a bit out of my way.

STD

Smash Rookie
Missed the first one. Any idea of when the next one will be? Is this going to be weekly, biweekly, or monthly?

Top Bottom