• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Feb 14, 2015] WOOT Super Smash Bros. Wii U (Laguna Hills, CA)

dharper7

Smash Cadet
Attn California Smash Players,

$500 Super Smash Bros. Wii U tournament at Laguna Hills Mall in Orange County on Valentines Day!

Register at: oomba.com/woot

What: Woot 2015, $500 Smash/Ultra Tourneys + the Justin Wong USF4/UMvC3 Challenge ($10 entry, 70/20/10 payout)
When: Valentines Day, February 14th, 11am - 9PM (Smash starts at 12pm!)
Where: Laguna Hills Mall in Laguna Hills, CA
Who: Oomba, Inc. a digital tournament management startup co-founded by Michael Williams and Nolan Bushnell

If you would like more information, feel free to email danny@oomba.com , or hit us up on Twitter or Facebook

We hope to see you out there!

-Team Oomba

Last edited:

TokyoKami

東京神
NNID
TokyoKami
3DS FC
3411-3274-1913
Thinking about entering with a friend but the drive is pretty far so we are discussing it. Hope to enter and have a good time ^^

dharper7

Smash Cadet
Thinking about entering with a friend but the drive is pretty far so we are discussing it. Hope to enter and have a good time ^^
Do it! There is a lot going on that day, and you should have a pretty good chance to win some cash!

TokyoKami

東京神
NNID
TokyoKami
3DS FC
3411-3274-1913
Oh I am excited, registering now and a friend of mine will be registering as well! I believe he inquired to you about the details of it through email. Play to win baby! Hopefully it is streamed so I can tweet out the competition live stream on my twitter :)

TokyoKami

東京神
NNID
TokyoKami
3DS FC
3411-3274-1913
Sweet just registered. Is there a registration form I print out? Or am I safe to just go. I took a picture of my order number just in case. Also there will be a controller port so I can bring my Gamecube controller?

Last edited:

dharper7

Smash Cadet
Awesome. It'll be streamed on twitch.tv/oombamedia and maybe on oomba.tv. You should be good on registration, and we'll provide the setup, just bring your controller. See you out there! Spread the word!

Last edited:

TokyoKami

東京神
NNID
TokyoKami
3DS FC
3411-3274-1913
Awesome. It'll be streamed on twitch.tv/oombamedia and maybe on oomba.tv. You should be good on registration, and we'll provide the setup, just bring your controller. See you out there! Spread the word!
Absolutely!!

UPDATE: Posted about it on my twitter @ TokyoKami TokyoKami ^^ see you all at the tournament.

Last edited:

TokyoKami

東京神
NNID
TokyoKami
3DS FC
3411-3274-1913
I also sent you a PM regarding the tournament. ^^

dharper7

Smash Cadet
To everyone who is attending: If you are one of the first five people to bring a gamecube adapter to the tourney, you get half off your entry fee!

LDZ

Smash Rookie
Well, this was really fun! Will there be another one anytime soon. If so, I'll probably be there. Great work!

dharper7

Smash Cadet
Well, this was really fun! Will there be another one anytime soon. If so, I'll probably be there. Great work!
Our next event is on Feb. 27th! We will likely post it on smashboards, but follow us on Facebook and Twitter to get all the announcements.

TokyoKami

東京神
NNID
TokyoKami
3DS FC
3411-3274-1913
Our next event is on Feb. 27th! We will likely post it on smashboards, but follow us on Facebook and Twitter to get all the announcements.
Sweet same entry fee and all that jazz? :D I am mad excited!! This time I am gonna bring a few more people!!

TokyoKami

東京神
NNID
TokyoKami
3DS FC
3411-3274-1913
Sweet same entry fee and all that jazz? :D I am mad excited!! This time I am gonna bring a few more people!!
Oh and also what will the times be? Due to school and what not it's about an hour and thirty I need to know when we should leave after school or if I am gonna try to miss school. haha ^^

dharper7

Smash Cadet
Oh and also what will the times be? Due to school and what not it's about an hour and thirty I need to know when we should leave after school or if I am gonna try to miss school. haha ^^
Yeah, expect the same rules. Entry fee is likely going to be $10. It's currently scheduled at 1pm, so hopefully you can make "arrangements" to be there. I will keep you posted if we move it back to the evening

Last edited:

TokyoKami

東京神
NNID
TokyoKami
3DS FC
3411-3274-1913
Yeah, expect the same rules. Entry fee is likely going to be $10. It's currently scheduled at 1pm, so hopefully you can make "arrangements" to be there. I will keep you posted if we move it back to the evening
That sounds good. I would have to talk it over with the people I'm coming with cause we are all the way out in Redlands (1 hr 30 min away from the venue) but yeah I look forward to getting the updates. ^^

LDZ

Smash Rookie
I'll try to make arrangements for school as well. Hopefully it works out!

LDZ

Smash Rookie
Please do! You should have a good chance at winning some cash. Hope to see you out there.
It's going to be a little bit tough to be there, as any time earlier than 4:00 will conflict with school this Friday. If I can't make it on Friday, I'll definitely be at the next tourney that is either on the weekends, or later than 4:00.

TokyoKami

東京神
NNID
TokyoKami
3DS FC
3411-3274-1913
It's going to be a little bit tough to be there, as any time earlier than 4:00 will conflict with school this Friday. If I can't make it on Friday, I'll definitely be at the next tourney that is either on the weekends, or later than 4:00.
I think Saturday was the best time to be at the venue since most of us are off school/work.

LDZ

Smash Rookie
I think Saturday was the best time to be at the venue since most of us are off school/work.
Yeah, for sure. I hope they host more of these in the future. I live very close, so for me, that would be awesome.

dharper7

Smash Cadet
Agreed. Evenings and weekends are ideal. I'll talk to the organizers and see what they think. But until then, the one of the 27th is still slated for 1pm. If you are unable to make it, tell your friends who dont care as much about their formal education!

dharper7

Smash Cadet
The website says single elimination but I am assuming this one is double elimination as well?
Yes. It is double elimination. The default single elimination designation is a website issue that we are currently fixing.

dharper7

Smash Cadet
We are going to be running an insane amount of tournaments out of this place...so expect a pretty consistent tournament schedule....especially for Smash.

Last edited:

TokyoKami

東京神
NNID
TokyoKami
3DS FC
3411-3274-1913
We are going to be running an insane amount of tournaments out of this place...so expect a pretty consistent tournament schedule....especially for Smash.
I am probably gonna be able to come to next friday's tournament as well but I can't keep missing school to come out on Friday :(

Top Bottom