• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Feature or Problem?

Pauliwhop

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
1993-9408-1614
I'm playing PM (3.5, followed the guide for Netplay PM build word for word) on Dolphin, and am using the recommended Gamecube controller configuration. C stick aerials don't register unless they're almost directly in the exact direction for the aerial. If I want to Dair, and I hit slightly to the Southeast or Southwest of the control stick, I pop a Nooch (Nair). Is this designed so you can do Nairs from the C stick? Do I have something configured wrong? If this is indeed a designed thing, can I somehow switch the configuration in menus or something so I can do specific aerials a little easier? I also have another problem which is that I have the C stick configured to Attack rather than Smash but the only attacks that register are Ftilt. If I try to Utilt or Dtilt with the C stick, they do smashes instead. It's quite possible this is intended and I just need to git gud though. Any help would be appreciated.

Badge

Smash Apprentice
C stick aerials don't register unless they're almost directly in the exact direction for the aerial. If I want to Dair, and I hit slightly to the Southeast or Southwest of the control stick, I pop a Nooch (Nair). Is this designed so you can do Nairs from the C stick? [...] I have the C stick configured to Attack rather than Smash but the only attacks that register are Ftilt. If I try to Utilt or Dtilt with the C stick, they do smashes instead.
Your first problem is caused by having C-stick set to attack and is indeed intended. It's the main feature of using that setting because as you noticed the C-stick will still perform Smashes more often than not. This afaik is not intended, but also not too high on the list of problems that need fixing because it's minor and often even useful.

Top Bottom