• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Favourite Horror Movies?

Ner0

Smash Cadet
my two favourite horror movies are Wes Craven's My Soul to Take and Cabin in the Woods
How about everyone else?

PlayfulMushroom

Smash Apprentice
Probably "The Conjuring". Almost threw up at the cinema because of being scared and sick from eating too much pizza beforehand.

Frizz

Will Thwack You At 0%
I'm not a big fan of horror flicks, but my guess would go to the Saw franchise. I think it's about torturing those who do bad deeds like cheating in a relationship or things like that.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
The Ring - Samara is bae. Even cosplayed as her for Halloween once~

Saw - While the story is dodgy at best, it at least tries to inject some sense of philosophy into itself instead of just being gore for its own sake. Otherwise I'm a fan of the creativity of the traps, and Jigsaw is a hell of a villain. My personal favourite is Saw III.

Cabin in the Woods - Horror-comedy done right. A fun subversion of the genre with some wonderfully grotesque creations.

Drag Me To Hell - Again, horror-comedy done right. And the ending is a doozy.

Black Swan - I'm really stretching the definition of "horror movie" with this, but I love Darren Arronofsky and his psychological narrative is too good to pass up on. Not scary or gory, but creepy as hell.

Antichrist - I can't tell if it's absolutely brilliant or incredibly idiotic, but it's definitely memorable. And it has a talking fox, what's not to love about that?

The Devil's Rejects - I guess it's horror? Kind of. Either way, Rob Zombie is great. Killer soundtrack, too.

House of 1,000 Corpses - Not as much as fan of this as I am of the above, but it's too weird and wonderful to not mention. Never change, Mr Zombie, never change~

NagiLykos

Smash Rookie
NNID
armin15
My favortie classic is probably Nightmare on Elm Street! The first one! but 3 and New nightmare were pretty good too.

Sci fi horror has got to be Alien, thats one of my favorite films im general!

For more recent horror film.... Cabin in the woods was great! And It Follows that came out this year was awesome!

There is plenty more that i like but its hard to choose and narrow down haha

Ghostly ~

★ Speedrunner ★
NNID
Ghostly2500
3DS FC
0189-9740-2288
Halloween 1-4, Cabin in the Woods, Misery, Cloverfield, Land of the Dead, and The Omen 1-2.

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
White - excellent foreign horror film, it used to be on netflix.

Evil Dead - My absolute favorite, and I am talking about the original Evil Dead/Army of Darkness films. The new one wasn't half bad though.

Top Bottom