• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Favorite Way to Punish Shield Breaks?

LinkoHakurei

Smash Cadet
NNID
LinkoHakurei
3DS FC
3136-6656-2820
This seems pointless but ok!
My favorite punish is to walk up to them slowly and taunt then single jab and run away. They then choose the most optimal punish and jump off to their death, IT ALWAYS WORKS!

...jk G&W can't break shields! :troll:

Last edited:

Denzill7

Smash Cadet
The one time I broke a shield with a 9 with G&W I taunted and sweetspot f-smashed. But yeah. It's impossible to break a shield with G&W.

Last edited:

CaikLazer

Smash Cadet
Hammer, jk. I think walk them to the edge of the stage then upsmash if they are at a bit lower percent.

expansioN

Smash Rookie
Shieldbreak with Game&Watch...uh... I had two (3 is best shieldbreak). In one case I used judge and got a 1, then I USmashed because I was mad. Since then I´d always just Usmash or Dsmash. Near the ledge an Fsmash probably is equally strong.

NotAsian

Smash Journeyman
Gw can shield break easy with a full bucket I remember I killed Luigi at 45 with sweet spot f smash after I pushed him toward the ledge haha also i should broke a mewtwo twice, I hit him with the bucket and it broke his shield, then I taunted and charged an f smash but he woke up really fast somehow and right as his shield came back it broke again haha I didn't take any time the second time

randomtechguy142857

Smash Cadet
Shield breaks aren't easy with this character, but a stray usmash/sweetspot dsmash, judge 3/9 and (especially) Oil Panic can all do it. I usually go for usmash, unless I'm on duck hunt or playing against Mac in which case a sweetspot fsmash or (at higher percents, particularly against Mac) a sourspot dsmash is useful.

Related: I once broke a MM's shield with his bucketed fsmash and tried to get a usmash but got a c-stick jab instead. I was unsurprisingly very salty.

pepi1197

Smash Apprentice
NNID
pepi1197
A misplaced Shadow Ball or charged shot from Samus are the only times I've ever been able to get a shield break (le oil panic) but I always use Fsmash or sourspotted Dsmash. Fsmash for power and Dsmash for easy offstage setups that can lead to a gimp.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Taunt -> WHEEL OF FORTUNE HAMMER -> If not K.Oed, Bair.

Top Bottom