• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Favorite Projectile?

Tatsujinken

Smash Journeyman
Beats me. The game's not even out yet and I haven't played the demo. In Melee though, I liked the boomerang the most because it had good range and I could aim it at multiple directions (bow and arrow had range too, but you had to charge it). I don't really know how the Gale Boomerang feels though, so yeah... it's a bit too early to talk about this right now.

Aeramis

Smash Ace
Bombs look good in brawl but I think my favorite is melee was the boomerang.

Lunar6

Smash Journeyman
I found myself using the Boomerang alot in Melee, and if the function with the Gale Boomberang in Brawl is as advantageous as I think it is, I might make it a priority once again (maybe even for a bit of edgeguarding). As for the arrows, they seemed to be improved in everyway that needed improvement from Melee (in which, IMO, they were relatively useless against anything with more skill than a level 4 AI).

Aeramis

Smash Ace
Weak arrows are good in melee for edgeguarding samus using bomb jumps to make it back.

bobwaffles

Smash Apprentice
I liked using the boomerang best. You had quite a bit of control over it and was quick to bring out.

Oh Gibdo

Smash Journeyman
Beats me. The game's not even out yet and I haven't played the demo. In Melee though, I liked the boomerang the most because it had good range and I could aim it at multiple directions (bow and arrow had range too, but you had to charge it). I don't really know how the Gale Boomerang feels though, so yeah... it's a bit too early to talk about this right now.
I was gonna say the exact same thing.:lick:

-spAzn-

Smash Journeyman
Not really sure quite yet, I haven't seen much of his projectiles used in Brawl. Though in Melee I loved using the bombs and boomerang. So most likely in Brawl my favorites will be those again cause I like throwing the bombs all over the place. While the Gale Boomerang looks like it should provide even more strategy.

R.Y.N.O

Smash Journeyman
I can't decide between the bomb and the boomerang. The bomb will definitely be one of my favorites. It is always good when you are in a pinch. I loved the boomerang in Melee because it could easily pop someone up into the air, catch someone off guard when you throw it behind them, throw it into the ground so it pops up at the exact angle you want and I could go on and on about all the possibilities of the boomerang in Melee. I just don't see that kind of potential in the brawl boomerang. Then again it could be that all the people who were playing had no idea how to use the boomerang so It only seemed that way. I only wish I could have been there to play it myself. (sighs)

Lunar6

Smash Journeyman
Weak arrows are good in melee for edgeguarding samus using bomb jumps to make it back.
Maybe, but none of my firends have ever actually used Samus excesively. The last tme one of my friends used Samus, he spammed the cannon more than he spammed Roy's Flare Blade (the guy hates the Zelda series and all that it contains, so he's completely ignorant of Link's little advantage to that projectile).

Link Lord

Smash Journeyman
In a place where people are tortured endlessly and
I loved the boomerang in Melee because it could easily pop someone up into the air, catch someone off guard when you throw it behind them, throw it into the ground so it pops up at the exact angle you want and I could go on and on about all the possibilities of the boomerang in Melee. I just don't see that kind of potential in the brawl boomerang. Then again it could be that all the people who were playing had no idea how to use the boomerang so It only seemed that way.
Yeah, I saw the vids. The people who played brawl probably didn't even know you COULD angle the boomerang.

Demontree

Smash Journeyman
Maybe, but none of my firends have ever actually used Samus excesively. The last tme one of my friends used Samus, he spammed the cannon more than he spammed Roy's Flare Blade (the guy hates the Zelda series and all that it contains, so he's completely ignorant of Link's little advantage to that projectile).
Advantage?

R.Y.N.O

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I saw the vids. The people who played brawl probably didn't even know you COULD angle the boomerang.
Yeah. If only I were there to try it out myself. Heck, I would be satisfied if someone there actually knew how to play Melee and were willing to experiment with the different characters and give us feedback. I have only seen two. One for Meta knight and a vid for bowser showing his moves. Although the Bowser one was not very informative but fun to watch. Instead I have to wait until next month.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
Oh ho!! If Link's bombs are annnnnything like the bombs he had on Smash 64, then those will be my fav. projectile.

If not, I'm gonna have to say that the Gale Boomberang is my most fav.

Lunar6

Smash Journeyman
Advantage?
His shield. My friend doesn't know that Link's Hylian shield protects him from projectiles 3/4 of the time. Given what my friend knows about Link in SSB, it's an advantage in this case.

Top Bottom