• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Favorite Opening Theme Songs

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
There have been thousands of TV shows and every one of them has its own special intro sequence; this thread is for people to share and highlight their favorite TV theme songs from over the years. Here are some that I've grown to love:

Yu-Gi-Oh (and GX to some degree, although it hasn't aged well. At all.)
Pokemon (and Johto Champions)
Poirot
DS9
Teen Titans
Digimon (Frontier)
Matlock

So now that I've shared some of my favorites, what are some of yours? Post below with names, links, or (preferably) both to let people know your favorite opening themes!

ELITEWarri0r115

Smash Ace
Love the DK Country opening theme song Ignore this part. misunderstood thread

Last edited:

Plunder

Smash Ace
NNID
1337-7734-8008
Cowboy Bebop is still the coolest and will always be....

but there is just something magical about the original Pokemon Anime opening theme. It's composition is perfect, the lyrics are sublime, the singer nails it, and the clips are so expertly edited to the music. I FEEL IT!

Last edited:

TimeChain

Smash Apprentice
NNID
777brawlfan
3DS FC
4484-9816-4641
The Pokemon Theme Song. Need I say more?
Oh and Cowboy Bebop's opening is pretty dang phenomenal too.

oZzIIgk

Smash Journeyman
All of the FMA:B openings were masterfully chosen. I think I'm going to rewatch that series soon, I really did love it.
The first Death Note opening was AWESOME. The second didn't seem fitting or correct to me, though.
The original Pokemon theme is a staple.
If Frasier had an actual opening, that'd be on the list.

Also, I'm not sure if this counts, but Short Change Hero was one of my favorite songs BEFORE I heard it in BL2. Then it rose to the top of the favorites tier list.

destronoma

Smash Cadet
NNID
Destronoma
Since two people already posted Dragonball-related openings, it'd be redundant for me to post those again. So, with that being said, these two openings are some of my favorites.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
Also, Chip & Dale Rescue Rangers will always hold a special place in my heart.

LucarioDude

Not Gray Fox
Some of my favourites have already been mentioned so here's a few other favourite theme songs that haven't been mentioned:
Bleach OP1 - Very nostalgic for me and it still sounds great to this day
Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex OP1 - I haven't exactly seen GitT: SAC yet but I love the first opening.
Rainbow: Nisha Rokubou no Shichinin OP - This song fits so well with the whole theme of the show; simply perfect.
X-Men: The Animated Series - Still sounds badass to this day, great intro to a great cartoon.
Beast Wars
Hawaii Five-0 - Old is a classic but I also like this new version too.

Plunder

Smash Ace
NNID
1337-7734-8008
Some of my favourites have already been mentioned so here's a few other favourite theme songs that haven't been mentioned:
Bleach OP1 - Very nostalgic for me and it still sounds great to this day
Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex OP1 - I haven't exactly seen GitT: SAC yet but I love the first opening.
Rainbow: Nisha Rokubou no Shichinin OP - This song fits so well with the whole theme of the show; simply perfect.
X-Men: The Animated Series - Still sounds badass to this day, great intro to a great cartoon.
Beast Wars
Hawaii Five-0 - Old is a classic but I also like this new version too.
X-men TAS opening gets me so hype, it's FIGHTIN' MUSIC! :teeth:

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Hard to beat Trigun and Lupin the 3rd's second series' opening! All 70s goodness, either in style (Trigun) or origin (Lupin the III)

Top Bottom