• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Favorite Class Line in the Series

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
Whether it be canto'ing across the map with Paladins, or crit'ing everything with a swordmaster, there's a class that you can't help, but not love. There's way too many class lines in Fire Emblem to make a feasible poll, (trust me I tried) so rather than that, feel free to tell us why you have a connection to a certain class or even classes.

I'll save my favorites to talk about for later though. ;)

NSSKG151

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Lucaruto151RedX
3DS FC
1092-1616-4089
Switch FC
SW-4128-7335-9024
I would say that the Mercenary/Hero class is my favorite class in Fire Emblem. Always liked the outfit design and the class line has the most average stat growth out of all the classes. If I remembered correctly the Mercenary class also had a cool looking critical animation in the GBA games. By extension the Dread Fighter class is also a favorite of mine. I just like that blue armor they wear in Awakening/Fates. Dread Fighter was also a very overpowered class on all three 3DS games.

Kind of hoping if Three Houses still have avatars we actually get to make our own character and choose their starting class/personality/character traits instead of building off a pre-established character ala Robin/Corrin. I would definitely make mine a Mercenary.

Frizz

Will Thwack You At 0%
I'd also have to go with Mercenary/Hero on this one. Kris in FE12, under the right Fortune combination, is straight up BUSTED. Caps stats early on, and can pretty much solo the game with him if you wanted to. Strategy wise, Mercenary/Heroes are usually a solid pick when needing to bait out enemy units so that the rest of your army can approach without being killed. Their HP is great, and their Defense/Resistance is okay enough to tank a hit or two.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Master Knights are silly and I love them. Nothing at all wrong with giving a single class access to all but one weapon type. Both Lachesis and Leif take work to reach that point, but it pays off.

I've always been fond of flying classes too, in particular pegasus knights. Mobility is always powerful in FE, and they have that more than any other class. Plus I always seem to get lucky and avoid the squishiness or lack of attack power other people report with pegasus knights, so that's never bothered me.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Mages and Pegasus Knights are my favorites. The former target what tends to be the lower of the enemy's defensive stats and have cool animations, and the latter offer so much utility gameplay-wise.

Shout out to Fates' Mechanists though. Aesthetically it's one of my favorites. :p

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
My favorite depends on the game honestly. Most of the time though its Cavaliers and Paladins. In most fire emblem games that first really powerful unit that show what your other units could aspire to be is the standard Paladin. Whether it be good ol' Jeigan or the powerful Titania, they are units you can really rely on. Not to mention that the Christmas Cavs are always a treat to use, no matter which color you stand by. Red Cavs are best cavs.
I also really like Wyvern Riders, too bad most of the time you have to wait til the mid game to get to use them.

Pegasus Knights in the Archanea games along with Echoes are really fun to use. Especially in echoes where you really get to get the most out of them. So many Swamps and Deserts that Catria and Palla just dominate in.

AmericanDJ

Marquess Ostia | Other Trap Butler ★
NNID
Derek123
3DS FC
1650-1984-4165
Switch FC
SW-7880-5897-7871
Part of me wants to say Knights and Generals (as I do find it quite satisfying to have a unit that most enemies can hardly even scratch), but I suppose that's more because of certain units that happen to be Knights (Oswin, Effie, and Benny come to mind for me).

So I guess a part of me would have to say Mages and Sages, because there's just something that I love about using magic characters. Sages in particular I quite like mostly because they can both heal and attack, which can make them quite versatile(with Pent being a very good example).

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
In FE Heroes and FE Warriors, it's definitely Fliers. They can be really OP in those games and a lot of my favourite characters are Fliers.

I still like them in other games but they're not as all-powerful there, though still quite useful, since Cliar, Hinoka, and Camilla were among my best units in their respective games.

For normal games, it's probably Dread Fighters, specifically the Fates version. Built my Rinkah into a Dread Fighter and never looked back, plus the aesthetic is great.

Durnt

Smash Cadet
Damn this is a hard choice... Well when I first saw the General class as a kid I liked cause it like automated armor in the f6-8 series, but I'd hafta pick the Mage/Sage able to attack from both close and far + heals not a bad choice at all.

Top Bottom