• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Favorite Bands/Artists?

Himynameisisaac

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Himynameisisaac
Not sure if this thread has been made, and if it has if it is even still active, but if it has this thread can easily be locked..

But i would love to hear everyone's favorite artists and i would also love some recommendations to some great music!

My favorite artists would be Blink-182, Angels and Airwaves, Relient K, Rage Against the Machine and Dance Gavin Dance.
I have a very wide variety of music I'm into! So again, let me know some of your favorite artists!!
Thanks in advance!!

kettering

Smash Rookie
It's been about four years that I've been out of the loop in the music world, but I've tried to keep up.

For a while, I was a huge fan of sludge metal and stoner rock. Kylesa, Mastodon (prior to CtS), Black Tusk (rest in peace, Jonathan), Neurosis, *shels, Baroness and High on Fire... they were big names for me. Now I forget most of their stuff. Whatever.

Patrick Wolf, tho, he's been important to me since I finally convinced myself to listen to him in 2009! He does poppy music, though it's usually with some elements of folktronica or baroque included. Very confident vocal work, too.

zero sum

Smash Apprentice
bands or artists that have been favorites at one point or another

natural snow buildings, old man gloom, neurosis, terry riley, grouper, drake, kanye west, kemialliset ystavat, stars of the lid, franz listz, beethoven, natasha bedingfield, kelly clarkson, zola jesus, t-pain, partynextdoor, aesop rock, kayo dot, esoteric, rihanna, neurosis, tchaikovsky, women, blood on the wall, young widows, beyoncé, janelle monàe, boards of canada, johann sebastian bach, lil ugly mane, old britney spears, antwon, archers of loaf, can, mahmoud ahmed, wu-tang clan, the books, lau nau, converge, oval, t-pain, vivaldi, some mozart, silver apples, pavement sometimes, the knife, esmerine, slowdive, my bloody valentine, boris, frank ocean, alcest, st. vincent, outkast, neutral milk hotel, xiu xiu when they're not needlessly provocative, strange songs in the dark-era merchandise, elliott smith, sun ra, john coltrane, flying lotus, feist, fela kuti, clipping., nina simone, circulatory system, amesoeurs, why?, sunn o))), das racist, kate bush, lots of old soul and blues that i don't really have the time to catalogue since this is already long enough.

i don't listen to a whole lot of music anymore but this is just my go-to stuff

Last edited:

waluigithewalrus

Smash Cadet
I'm a massive fan of progressive rock, with their lovely over the top epics and crazy time signatures and the what not. My all time favorite band is Rush, and is followed by the likes of Pink Floyd, Genesis (Peter Gabriel era), Caravan, and The Moody Blues.

I don't listen to a ton of modern music as you can see, but there are a few out there that are good modern prog, such as Big Big Train and Gazpacho.

Nino Rybicki

Smash Cadet
My favorite bands are Evanescence, Linkin Park, My Chemical Romance, The All-American Rejects, Fun., Melody Fall, 4 Non Blondes, Queen, No Doubt, and Red Hot Chili Peppers.

My favorite solo artists are Pink, Christina Aguilera, Natasha Bedingfield, Katy Perry, Prince, Michael Jackson, Janet Jackson, Leona Lewis, Colbie Caillat, Lady Gaga, Eminem, 50 Cent, Kelis, Ellie Goulding, and Ella Henderson.

My favorite genres are probably pop, emo, punk, and alternative. I also like some rap, hip-hop, and soft rock, and occasional hard rock. Not a fan of metal, though.

I listen to some Portuguese-language music too, but I'm probably a bigger fan of English-language music. In terms of Brazilian music, I listen to pop, rock, samba, and occasionally funk. I'm not too keen on the rap scene here.

Last edited:

Dr. Barrio

Smash Rookie
All time favorite band is The Beatles. Others bands/artists are The Animals, Buddy Holly, Elvis, The Kinks, Led Zeppelin, Nirvana, Oasis, Ramones, The Rolling Stones, Sex Pistols, Social Distortion

oZzIIgk

Smash Journeyman
Bolded bands or artists are ones who act as serious influences or who acted as a leading force in getting through something in my life. Italic bands or artists are ones that are infinitely interesting to me. If they're both bolded and italicized, be concerned by how much I enjoy listening to them.
Of Montreal, Anamanaguchi, The Offspring, C-ute!, Pegboard Nerds, Madeon, Ken Ashcorp, Guided By Voices, R.E.M, Tom Day, Backstreet Boys, The Smiths, Big Data, Stephen Walking (He won't get a bold because his sense of humor isn't enough to influence me, although I do love it), Judas Priest, Brian Eno, Unlucky Morpheus, Darude, Metric, she, Savant, Queen, Vérité, Mili, and, finally, Foreigner.
Sorry for not ordering these very well, haha

littleuniverse

Smash Cadet
Recently been really into indie bands. But I love punk rock/pop punk. Blink-182, Fall out boy, Panic! At the disco, twenty one pilots, My chemical romance, etc. Nirvana is also one of my faves. I like jazz and swing as well as some rap/r and b.

Giga Kaiju

Smash Lord
NNID
GigaKaiju
Switch FC
SW-8115-0761-4039
As of right now, bands like RED, Our Waking Hour, Concepts, My City, My Secret and/or Starset.

That's more of my kind of music.

Last edited:

JacobArnold

Smash Rookie
Between the Buried and Me, Pallbearer, Totorro, Death Grips, Animals as Leaders, Auric, SUMAC, Ahab, Russian Circles, and Sleep are what I've been listening to mostly lately.

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
Iron Maiden
Judas Priest
Queen
Bon Jovi
Dream Theater
Electric Light Orchestra
Halestorm
Meat Loaf

thief_of_demons

Smash Journeyman
I can gladly listen to any kind of music as long as it has emotion, melody and meaningful lyrics. I consider music to be a form of art that either spreads a message or tells a story in both its sound and lyrics, so these are pretty important factors for me.

Anyways, Some of my favourite artists include:

Linkin Park
Iron Maiden
Nirvana
Celldweller
Ed Sheeran
Foo Fighters
Bring Me The Horizon (mainly their recent material)
Royal Blood
Johnny Cash

... And many more. I listen to a lot of underground artists, too. But that's a list of artists people here would most likely be familiar with.

Aidan25

Smash Cadet
NNID
Aidan
3DS FC
0361-7892-7562
I love any rock (metal, punk, alternative, hard rock etc.) from the 60s to now, a bit of rap and a bit of electronic/EDM.

My favourite artists would be: AC/DC, Guns N' Roses, Alice In Chains, Metallica, Megadeth, Wolfmother, Def Leppard, Aerosmith, Alice Cooper, The All-American Rejects, Audioslave, Avenged Sevenfold, Beastie Boys, The Beatles, The Black Keys, Black Sabbath, Blink 182, Bloc Party, Blue Oyster Cult, Blur, Bon Jovi, Buckethead, Bullet For My Valentine, The Clash, Coldplay, Daft Punk, Deadmau5, Deep Purple, Dio, Dokken, The Doors, DragonForce, Dream Theater, Duran Duran, Eric Clapton/Cream, Extreme, Faith No More, Foo Fighters, Gorillaz, Green Day, Grinspoon, Hanoi Rocks, The Hives, Iron Maiden, Jane's Addiction, Jet, Jimi Hendrix, Joe Satriani, Judas Priest, The Killers, Kingswood, Kiss, Led Zeppelin, Linkin Park, The Living End, Motley Crue, Muse, Nine Inch Nails, Nirvana, Oasis, The Offspring, Ozzy Osbourne, Pantera, Pearl Jam, Pink Floyd, Poison, Powderfinger, Queen, Queens of the Stone Age, Quiet Riot, Radiohead, Rage Against The Machine, Rammstein, Ratt, Red Hot Chilli Peppers, The Rolling Stones, Scorpions, Skid Row, Slash (his solo stuff is excellent), Slash's Snakepit, Smashing Pumpkins, Soundgarden, Stone Temple Pilots, System of a Down, Them Crooked Vultures, U2, Van Halen, Velvet Revovler, The Who, Whitesnake, ZZ Top.

Now out of those, my most favourite are AC/DC, Guns N' Roses, Alice In Chains, Metallica, Wolfmother, Black Sabbath, Dream Theater, Green Day, The Hives, Iron Maiden, Jane's Addiction, Ozzy Osbourne, Pearl Jam, Queen, Rage Against The Machine, Red Hot Chilli Peppers, Slash, System of a Down, Van Halen, U2, Velvet Revolver.

Yes, I know I like a lot and have trouble narrowing down choices lol.

Mister Eric

Twitch.tv/MisterbeepEric Twitter: @MisterbeepEric
NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
The Postal Service, Passion Pit, Chvrches, EDEN.

I've seen the first 3 in concert <3

APlainOldBanana

Smash Cadet
NIrvana, SOAD, The Sex Pistols, and getting into Dinosaur Jr., Led Zeppelin, and Black Sabbath.

Last edited:
Top Bottom