• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fav and Least Fav Move?

Texfone

Smash Cadet
NNID
Texfone
I was thinking of something to post and this was it. Soo... To start it off, I will say that:

Favorite Dedede Move
- F-smash
• I wanted to say Jet Hammer, but the F-smash feels more powerful and I figured out why, the F-smash hits the ground and thuds, but the Jet Hammer never hits the ground, just the opponent, it was insanely close, pretty even, in fact, but that's that.

Least Favorite Dedede Move
- U-tilt
• Just because it's not too impressive ( at least not as much as his other moves ). I like all of his moves but this one, i like the least, i don't dislike it, just clarifying.

So I'd like to hear all my fellow penguins' opinions as to what they're favorite and least favorite King Dedede moves are and preferably why as well. :smash:

abx

Smash Journeyman
fav move: Ftilt. It's so useful as a spacing tool and as a punishing tool.

Least fav: Jet Hammer. I beg your forgiveness. I just can't bring myself to see when might be of any use. It's slow, it has tons of end lag and and in terms of strength I'd be just as fine (more or less) with DSmash or any aerial (weaker, but faster). I found myself to never use it.

Muskrat Catcher

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0748-4100-0093
Hmmm,
Favorite move for fun: up-B
If people don't know how to properly punish this move, they usually won't due to the stars that come out when DDD lands, and the option to cancel it if the opponent camps the spot you are due to land in. Also, nothing is more fun than that meteor smash in DDD's entire set.
Favorite in usefulness: D-tilt
It is a pretty fast move, deals good damage for its speed, and the more you get to crouch, the more annoyed your opponent gets, and the more fun you get to have. It's not safe on shield, but its great to punish moves with just small end lag due to its speed and the fact that DDD moves forwards. Also I love the concept of this move in general.

Least favorite: I can't remember the name but I believe its the second neutral B custom where DDD creates a whirlwind that damages foes.
Not only does this usually do less damage than regular inhale, but it gives you no protection from projectiles, does not work on shield, and seems to have more lag on both ends

Axel311

Smash Ace
NNID
axel311
Favorite: Bair. So satisying to land and it's very strong
Least: Jet Hammer. It's completely useless.

Man of shame

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ManOfShame
Favorite move for fun:inhale It's so fun eat your opponent and spit them off stage.
Favorite move in usefulness:f-smash super powerful, big hit-box,and not that much end lag It's a great move because even if you don't land it and your opponent tries to punish they you can hit them with d-tilt.
least favorite move:jet hammer it's useless especially when compared to f-smash it would be a lot better move if it could reflect projectiles.

cwjakesteel

Smash Apprentice
NNID
cwjakesteel
My least favourite is F-tilt. It's great and I use it all the time, but I find that it's DDD"s most easily exploited move. If you're not sure it's gonna hit a long hop areal can get you in an unfavourable position.

My favourite move is crouch. On some For Glory matches, I play the entire game holding down to crouch whenever I land.

toadster101

Banned via Warnings
NNID
toadster101
3DS FC
1891-1323-0892
I don't think a single person here will NOT list the Jet Hammer as their least favo...

My least favourite is F-tilt. It's great and I use it all the time, but I find that it's DDD"s most easily exploited move. If you're not sure it's gonna hit a long hop areal can get you in an unfavourable position.

My favourite move is crouch. On some For Glory matches, I play the entire game holding down to crouch whenever I land.
Or not. My personal favorite is the forward smash due to how insanely powerful it is. I wish it broke shields, though.

ZeThundaRippa

Smash Cadet
Maine, you know, the place mistaken for Canada.
NNID
zethundarippa
3DS FC
5129-0353-6718
Favorite move: Nair--- whenever I try to get people off me, it ends up killing, wish I could upload a video from my DS with me popping out of a Yoshi egg and killing him with a Nair, I couldn't stop laughing.
Least favorite: Dair--- I always end up fast falling it and killing myself, or using Dair instead of Nair, I've just had bad experiences with it.

Putuk

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2723-9688-6533
Switch FC
SW-8387-2163-6416
Fave is definitly Gordo. It's a really mean edgeguarding and mindgame tool. Inhale comes close though.

Least favorite is probably uTilt. I was tempted to say dAir, but that one time I hit a Link with a sourspotted one off-stage and followed up with a sweet spotted spike variant. It was exhilerating.

Eggggggggggbert

Smash Apprentice
Nair is radical. I usually pause and zoom in on him when I get a cheeky kill in friendlies. He's so happy and joyful, how can I not love him. I feel like along with the dtilt, its tauntishly good.

I do enjoy Jet Hammer, but thats because its a disrespectful move which I can get a kill with and then do the Nair pause.

I probably dislike his downair the most just because I never go for spike and can never seem to get it in my mind to go for it.

Ten-X Legacy

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
0018-3082-8725
I can't believe most of you guys dislike the Jet-Hammer.
That move was why I played as him in brawl, at my cousins.
And it is the reason I play him now.

Personally, I've had some hilarious things happen while using it.
I've read a counter in a 4 player friends match that had both of us jumping out of our chairs. (For opposite reasons >:3)
I've jumped over a smash attack while charging, in for-glory, and secured the victory.
I've punished a very derpy Greninja who didn't realize he was wall clinging, instead of edge grabbing. (Also, for-glory. Was hilarious, I expected him to move, so I hesitated about a second and a half and charged it even more.)

ALSO! While it does stale it, you don't have to fully charge it!
It will hit during short-hop.
You can jump while charging.
You can move while charging.
You can turn while charging.
You can hold at full charge. (At the cost of damage.)
And, last, but not least, you can do more damage than a fully charged F-smash if fully charged.

Least favorite would either be inhale, or D-air. For the same reason.
I can never remember to use them! D:
Only the occasional inhale...
They are great moves though.

"~♫Oh, it's a long way, to the top, if you want to Dedede.♫~"

RoyMaBoy

Smash Rookie
NNID
Minecrafter620
3DS FC
0044-3464-8959
Favorite: Gordo, Cuz Gordos are the best.
Least Favorite: D-Air, it's just so hard to land. There's too much startup and that hitbox is TINNYYYY.

Kneutronic

Lurker By Nature
3DS FC
2062-9725-8885
Switch FC
SW-1036-7436-7807
Favorite move?

His d-tilt. It's a great defensive move that I use to get opponents off of me quickly.

Least favorite?

Probably his f-smash, but that's really not saying much due to its power. However, it is also the slowest f-smash in the game start-up wise, making it very gimmicky to use offensively. I say it's more usable as a punish than anything else, really.

Last edited:

DEX_

Smash Cadet
NNID
Crowind
3DS FC
5086-1792-9558
Fav: The d-tilt, at 0% on a lot of characters it combos with another dtilt and an f-tilt, and it combos with the supreme infinite taunt

Least favorite: upsmash. those hitboxes...

FrostBlitzkrieg

Smash Rookie
NNID
Bltzkrieg
Favorite and absolute most satisfying move: F-smash. It just feels so good when it actually lands, and it just sounds so heavy like you dropped a house on your opponent. Getting super early kills off a good read can just turn the game so I have to say it's my favorite. Inhale is a close second though because the move has so much utility. Dash attack is great too for the same reason F-smash is great.

Least favorite: Jet hammer. Yeah, it's a fun move if you're just messing around, but it has very little use. It would be okay if it broke shields but it just kind of isn't worth using.

Axel311

Smash Ace
NNID
axel311
I can't believe most of you guys dislike the Jet-Hammer.
That move was why I played as him in brawl, at my cousins.
And it is the reason I play him now.

Personally, I've had some hilarious things happen while using it.
I've read a counter in a 4 player friends match that had both of us jumping out of our chairs. (For opposite reasons >:3)
I've jumped over a smash attack while charging, in for-glory, and secured the victory.
I've punished a very derpy Greninja who didn't realize he was wall clinging, instead of edge grabbing. (Also, for-glory. Was hilarious, I expected him to move, so I hesitated about a second and a half and charged it even more.)

ALSO! While it does stale it, you don't have to fully charge it!
It will hit during short-hop.
You can jump while charging.
You can move while charging.
You can turn while charging.
You can hold at full charge. (At the cost of damage.)
And, last, but not least, you can do more damage than a fully charged F-smash if fully charged.

Least favorite would either be inhale, or D-air. For the same reason.
I can never remember to use them! D:
Only the occasional inhale...
They are great moves though.

"~♫Oh, it's a long way, to the top, if you want to Dedede.♫~"
I think everyone agrees Jet Hammer is fun, it's just it being nearly useless which is aggravating if you actually want to use Dedede seriously in tourneys. Literally the only situation it has a practical use is shield breaks at low percents where fsmash won't KO since jet hammer fully charged does a little more percent than fully charged fsmash.

11volt

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MasterHector
3DS FC
3308-4758-8536
Switch FC
SW-6893-8714-9974
Favourite: Gordo - it's a funny move anyway but its trapping capabilities are insane.
Least favourite: It's a tough decision, but probably his f-air. It's a bit less fun to watch than the other moves; a bit basic.

D

Deleted member

Favorite moves:
  • Gordos, especially for covering ledge options and setting up into aerials.
  • Down tilt. Just such a great defensive move and it comes out quick, I love it. Probably one of the few moves Dedede has in this game that's better than it was in Brawl.
  • Down smash. Also a move improved from Brawl, the semi-spike angle does him so many favors and it kills decently for how fast it comes out.
  • Back air. Will never be as satisfying as his Brawl bair, but it's meaty, kills well, and is actually somewhat safe on shield thanks to the shieldstun changes if spaced properly.
  • Nair. Such a good sex kick, and it even kills! I love it!
Least favorites:
  • Up smash. Has got to be one of the worst smash attacks in the game along with any of :4jigglypuff:'s.
  • Up tilt. I almost never use this move outside of dthrow comboing at low percents as a mixup. It's meh.
  • Jet Hammer. No. Aside from baiting counters in low-to-mid level play or rewarding a shield break, utterly useless move.
  • Down air. Also no. Rest in peace, GOAT Brawl dair.

Last edited by a moderator:

ccthirteen

Smash Apprentice
Favorite move: bair
Specifically, I love performing ff to bair. It hits like a Mack truck with all of that knock back. I've botched a lot of opponents recoveries using that move. Easily my favorite. To me, it kind of just replaces the dair, since I hardly ever use it.

Least favorite: dair
Surprise surprise. A move with a very strange hit box and difficult to land. One of the reasons it frustrates me is that I can't think of a suitable replacement befitting KD3's style. Maybe a horizontal swipe which spikes much like Marth?

However, I will say that nothing beats the feeling of being in a 5 player smash with some friends who are all too preoccupied fighting each other to notice the giant penguin in a bathrobe with a fully charged jet hammer just creeping up. I let that hammer fly and got all four of them.

Last edited:

SoopaDerpcat

Smash Cadet
My most used is probably Nair. Whether I'm just attacking with it, using it to edge guard, following up with it after a down throw, or flying over somebody charging an up smash below me and suddenly fast-falling on them like a massive meteor of morbidly-obese mass extinction and crushing their hopes and dreams nearly as hard as I crush their faces, I would be nothing without this gloriously wonderful and wonderfully glorious move.

As for my favorite to actually hit with, probably down smash. The swing arc is so beautiful and curvaceous. And it launches players at a low trajectory. I LIKE launching players at a low trajectory.

Least favorite is Jet Hammer. It's kind of like a smash attack, except slower, weaker and more stupid looking.

Last edited:
Top Bottom