• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

FAT32 Formatting?

Dapplegonger

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PetX-tremist
3DS FC
5129-1289-1208
A little background info, every time I go to stage builder, it gives me the wall of text and the green screen before going to the launcher. I press play, but it just sends me back to the wii home menu.

I looked at a troubleshooting guide, and it said that my sd card had to have a FAT32 format. My sd card says that it has a FAT16 format, but I don't know how to change it to FAT32, if that's the problem at all. I have been trying for months now to download project m now, and this is the farthest I've gotten. Somebody please help.

Y-L

Smash Champion
A little background info, every time I go to stage builder, it gives me the wall of text and the green screen before going to the launcher. I press play, but it just sends me back to the wii home menu.

I looked at a troubleshooting guide, and it said that my sd card had to have a FAT32 format. My sd card says that it has a FAT16 format, but I don't know how to change it to FAT32, if that's the problem at all. I have been trying for months now to download project m now, and this is the farthest I've gotten. Somebody please help.
Try putting it in your pc->format->file system->fat32? Just a guess I have no idea.

Dapplegonger

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PetX-tremist
3DS FC
5129-1289-1208
It still doesn't work. I tried it before you posted, which is why I was asking. That just means that something else is wrong.

Honestly I'm thinking of giving up on this. I've been trying for months now and nothing works. It has gotten closer, but it's so much of a hassle.

Y-L

Smash Champion
It still doesn't work. I tried it before you posted, which is why I was asking. That just means that something else is wrong.

Honestly I'm thinking of giving up on this. I've been trying for months now and nothing works. It has gotten closer, but it's so much of a hassle.
Why can't you just get a new SD card? They're like $5.

luxmivozi

Smash Apprentice
try it with a diffrent project m build like petes build or brawl minus or something like that it it doesnt work try buying a sd card thats already a fat32

Narpas_sword

Yea, if it's in fat, I'd be reluctant to say that that's the problem. Try a different Sd card.

//didn't see your post.

Just checking, the Sd card aren't locked, are under 2gb?

Last edited:

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
Try to avoid bumping threads from 2 years ago where the problem is probably nonexistent by now.

Top Bottom