• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Faster way to get Samus back on stage.

D

Deleted member

I've noticed a lot of Samus's able to waveland->down smash or waveland->upb from hanging on the edge of the stage faster than usual. However, when I try this against, say, a Marth, I always been to get hit with a fsmash before I can pull off an upb or down smash. Is there some tech that I'm missing here? Something about invincibility frames? Let me know.

pizzacato

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
coda#0
NNID
Pizzacato
I've noticed a lot of Samus's able to waveland->down smash or waveland->upb from hanging on the edge of the stage faster than usual. However, when I try this against, say, a Marth, I always been to get hit with a fsmash before I can pull off an upb or down smash. Is there some tech that I'm missing here? Something about invincibility frames? Let me know.
You just have to be quicker and more precise I bet. :/ Sorry dude.
Also look into "Aerial Interrupts."
Those are useful too!

cisyphus

Smash Ace
AIs are really useful honestly. If you can, also get 20xx and use the color overlays to give you an obvious visual cue as to when you're losing invincibility. AIs with 20xx will show you whether you're holding ledge for too long before letting go, since AI has a very precise window to execute it, which means that it removes the possibility that you're double jumping too slowly. My problem is literally just that I don't let go of ledge quickly enough, and AIs still get me into shield with invincibility so hey.

D

Deleted member

So I've given Aerial Interrupts a try. Pretty difficult for me. How many frames in the window for that? I believe it works only for Samus' up air? Seems are hard to pull off as the super wave dash.

cisyphus

Smash Ace
It's definitely not as hard, but you're not gonna get them just putting 10-15 minutes into it either. I believe it's a 4 frame window if you do the DJ input perfectly, but you still have some lenience if you miss the DJ. It's a lot of different variables to get comfortable with, but once you do it's pretty much second nature.

Smash Journeyman
If you ledgedash as fast as possible (most important part is dropping off the ledge as soon as possible, i.e. 9 frames after you grab), Kadano's thread says you should have 4 frames of actionable intangibility frames.

That means you should be able to shield while still intangible, and you can probably punish an fsmash on your shield, though if he swings earlier and you're intangible, be aware that your opponent will not go into hitlag for hitting you. On the other hand, if Marth is dtilting you into a corner, this is still not even that good because now he's just dtilting your shield for free :/

Top Bottom