• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fast Turnaround WD to Ledge

DeadAsDust

Smash Rookie
So in this video of PPMD vs Reno at SKTAR 3 at the 8:25 mark, Reno does a nair off the ledge, lands back onto the stage, and very quickly turns around and wavedashes onto the ledge for the edgeguard. I was just wondering how he does that so quickly, seeing as when I try my turns seem so much slower.

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-8k5t7rYj4

Scroll

Smash Ace
Premium
There are 2 types of turn. A tilt turn and a smash turn.
Smash turn takes just one frame to finish. You will need to, after the Lcancel lag has finished, to slam the stick and emediatly input jump. If you just hold the stick in the turn direction you will get a Tilt Turn, which takes 8 frames if I am not mistaken (could be off) and so if you input jump during this turning animation you won't actually turn around.

Last edited:

DeadAsDust

Smash Rookie
Ah, that helps put things into perspective better. I think I was just inputting my WD too slow. Thank you.

UniClown

Smash Rookie
If you watch the video closely, Reno actually does do a tilt turn. A smash turn would allow him to grab the ledge faster, but in that case he had enough time.

DeadAsDust

Smash Rookie
If you watch the video closely, Reno actually does do a tilt turn. A smash turn would allow him to grab the ledge faster, but in that case he had enough time.
So is there any other visual indicator other than speed?

Top Bottom