• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

fast fall landing lag

Kham

Smash Cadet
I know that if i fastfall and then perform an aerial, i can cancel the lag of the move by pressing z. but what if it's an empty jump, still fastfalled without the aerial? is that lag cancelable? is there even a lag from fastfalling, or is it my imagination? also, how many frames of lag is there from landing from a fastfall?

ant-d

Smash Lord
Z-cancelled aerial + no fastfall:
4 frames of uninteruptable landing animation (lag)

Fastfall + Z-cancelled aerial:
8 frames of uninteruptable landing animation (lag)

Double the amount.

Generally you can't cancel landing animation, of course there are a few exceptions where all lag is cancelled. However, it is not done by pressing Z.
All this information is already available in my old posts.
Z-cancel removes the lag from the aerial attack. It cannot remove lag from landing.

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
nope like priviously said you can't Z cancle landing lag, just perform arieal attatcks always before you land, and never miss your Z cancling, it helps :p

Top Bottom