• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Farore Interesting Info

Amiracle

Smash Apprentice
We all know this is probably Zelda's best knockout, but I didn't know just how good it was until I faced against a ganondorf in for glory and oh em gee. It hits so freakin hard.

I was totally losing the match, I was at 130% and he was at 30%, it was our final stock, and I kept being thrown off the ledge and having to get back on the platform when I went and used my Up-B in an offensive way and I actually killed him at 30% with it. Lol, I about died of laughter.

After that he definitely sat in the result screen for a while before leaving.

I started to question why exactly my FW hit that hard, and it was because I had rage and the move was FRESH.

Zelda is like freakin Lucario

Ryan.

Smash Lord
It's always satisfying killing with that move, but at only 30%? Dang lol. How did you manage that?

evmaxy54

Smash Champion
NNID
maXywashere
Example of the rage mechanic in Sm4sh

Every character in Sm4sh is basically Lucario Lite (except Lucario lol), in which the higher % a character has the more knockback their moves have (I can't tell you the multipliers at different % though someone else has to do that).

Damage doesn't increase when in rage mind

PGH_Chrispy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Geliaron
Don't forget that the opponent charging a smash attack also factors into the increased knockback alongside rage. Still, we have a heck of a move in FW.

Last edited:

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
Don't forget that the opponent charging a smash attack also factors into the increased knockback alongside rage. Still, we have a heck of a move in FW.
This. Sadly it is so easy to punish.

On the other hand, getting kills with it against projectile abusers, runners, or what have you is like sticking out your middle finger -> teleporting in front of someone -> throwing out ALL OF THE GLITTER -> them mashing that middle finger right between their eyes before KOing them. The most fab KO that quickly reminds them how much of a scrub they are compared to Zeldoo.

To get the most out of it, you have to be good with spacing. You don't really need the sweetspot to kill either, but it does help. Using the elevator is a good way to land easy KOs at the very least. If it goes stale it is still a good way to get some room and freshen it up in the mean time. I seem to get KOs with it even if I use it 5 times in a row, but never any more than that unless it's very close to the edge OR rage is in effect.

Amiracle

Smash Apprentice
Some more information I learned about Farore's Wind is that it doesn't have priority over certain moves. An example would be if you see a bowser charging his down smash and you casted FW to try to punish him, and what happens is you'll teleport to his location but the FW will not register and you will eat his down smash

Be careful!

Meek Moths

Smash Ace
Some more information I learned about Farore's Wind is that it doesn't have priority over certain moves. An example would be if you see a bowser charging his down smash and you casted FW to try to punish him, and what happens is you'll teleport to his location but the FW will not register and you will eat his down smash

Be careful!
i dont think this is about priority, it maybe just seems there is a very small window where you can be hurt no matter what when you reappear, as the hitbox does not come out immediately. but i may be wrong

Amiracle

Smash Apprentice
I was under the impression that the hitbox appeared the moment Zelda did. But if there is a slight delay than that would make sense! So there is a certain period of time where Zelda is vulnerable to damage before the hitbox can occur.. hmm

marshedpotato

Smash Rookie
i just killed someone from 40% and came here to post about it but saw this XD its a really powerful kill move, especially when you are over 100% (raged) and the opponent is charging a smash attack. but if you miss / they shield they get a free grab / jab combo / anything really.

RF_zelda

Smash Rookie
Actually, I think Farore's elevator has perhaps as much of a case for being a strong KO move as the normal FW. A lot of the time, your opponents can expect you teleporting into them and often you can end up punished when they shield. It's a pretty blatantly obvious tactic and there is more than enough time to react, especially if they are looking for it. Basically, if you can catch them by surprise, you're golden, but if they're expecting it, then it's a really lame attack.

On the other hand, the initial hit of Farore's elevator which leads into the second hit, appears relatively fast and covers a fairly wide area around Zelda. So it's a fantastic KO move in my book. Works great out of shield. The only problem is that it's insanely difficult to pull off because there are a ton of things you have to account for in an instant when trying it, or you can get punished really bad if you mess up.

1) Find a good opportunity to use it. e.g. you read that the opponent will roll into you, roll around your opponent and use it, or use it out of shield when opponent attacks
2) See whether the opponent actually got hit. If they did, aim the second hit upward, if you not aim it downward or away. You have to have a really fast reaction here. I'm still working on it. It's really hard...

Probably the best use for it is a punish for a laggy move actually... then you're guaranteed to hit.

It seems kind of gimmicky, but it's an honest to goodness useful move.

Last edited:

Meek Moths

Smash Ace
yeah i KOd mario with the first hit of Farore when he was at 110% and i was around 135%, no need for elevators

RF_zelda

Smash Rookie
Whoa, I didn't even know that was possible... that sometimes happens to me though too, when the percentages are too high, it sends them too high up.

Top Bottom