• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Falco's new approach discuss

TerenceLau

Smash Ace
Hey guys.

first of all, i don't own this game, but i played a little with my friend and watch a lot of videos. in this video, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzoOlJQhOSo , i noticed a couple of SHDL to shine approach. i wonder if this is gonna be any good for falco.

i personally think it's good because:
-3 hits, from laser and shine
-good spacing

cons:
-not very flexible? (i am just judging from videos)

if there's anything you guys wanna add, go ahead. discuss.

Ryan-K

Smash Master
An approach is how to get close to an opponent to do something, this is just a laser laser shine hit that doesn't really lead to anything else.

Plaz

Smash Rookie
superryan is right. If you could wavedash out of the shine, it would be viable...but that's just a long-distance combo.

Ryan-K

Smash Master
you will eventually get closer and force them to either move away or jump above the lasers though.
But then you aren't approaching.

Approach is a way by which a character can get near someone. Falco's SHL in melee was an approach because he could get close safely and quickly. The slowness of falco's jump lets them move away in time and the shine just knocks them down and away so you aren't really doing anything. It's a decent combo but it's not an approach.

Top Bottom