• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Falco's Nair

Nesmoney

Smash Rookie
I've been a Marth main for 2 years and have recently picked up Falco as a secondary.
Something I'm having trouble with is Falco's nair hitboxes. Im not quite sure how to get the weak or strong hits at will. With Marth, it was pretty straight forward since his weak/strong hits are based on where you hit with his sword, but Falco's hitboxes don't seem to be as obvious.

I looked through some of the Falco hitbox threads before making this post but didn't see anything about which parts of his nair hit weak or strong. Sorry if I just missed it and made this post for nothing.

Also, this is my first time posting to Smashboards! Sup, everyone. Been a loooong time lurker

WondrousMoose

Mind the antlers
NNID
WondrousMoose
3DS FC
3024-5909-8345
I've been a Marth main for 2 years and have recently picked up Falco as a secondary.
Something I'm having trouble with is Falco's nair hitboxes. Im not quite sure how to get the weak or strong hits at will. With Marth, it was pretty straight forward since his weak/strong hits are based on where you hit with his sword, but Falco's hitboxes don't seem to be as obvious.

I looked through some of the Falco hitbox threads before making this post but didn't see anything about which parts of his nair hit weak or strong. Sorry if I just missed it and made this post for nothing.

Also, this is my first time posting to Smashboards! Sup, everyone. Been a loooong time lurker
Welcome to Smashboards!
For his weak aerials, you essentially want to hit your opponent with the late hitbox. Throw out the Nair a few frames before you actually make contact, and then move into the opponent.

Nesmoney

Smash Rookie
Welcome to Smashboards!
For his weak aerials, you essentially want to hit your opponent with the late hitbox. Throw out the Nair a few frames before you actually make contact, and then move into the opponent.
Thanks! Does it matter which part of Falco's body you hit with (like with Marth's sword)?

ChivalRuse

Smash Hero
Falco's nair has the properties of a "sex kick". A simple way of thinking about it is: the longer the move stays out, the weak it gets. But in reality the move's strength doesn't gradate, it flips from strong to weak on a certain frame. I don't personally know which frame that it, but it is probably within the first 5 frames of the move when it flips over to a weak hit.

1000g2g3g4g800999

Smash Journeyman
Hit after the first 4 active frames (or first 7 frames of the animation) and you'll get a weak hit. Same frames for back aerial.

tauKhan

Smash Lord
Thanks! Does it matter which part of Falco's body you hit with (like with Marth's sword)?
No, and neither does it with Marth actually. Marth's nair first hit is weak and second hit strong, and all the hitboxes are equally strong on any given frame. Though one of the first hit's hitboxes sends straight up (I think the box attached to body, not sure) while the others send at 100 degree angle.

Hit after the first 4 active frames (or first 7 frames of the animation) and you'll get a weak hit. Same frames for back aerial.
Bair has a weak front leg hitbox during the strong part (frames 4 - 7) though.

Last edited:

Nesmoney

Smash Rookie
Thanks a lot everyone! I've got a much better understanding about how it works now.

Top Bottom