• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Falco's Lasers

PhantomBrawler

Smash Apprentice
Okay, so I picked up Falco about a week ago. Im making good progress learning new "combos" and approaches etc. The one thing i just cannot seem to get my hands on is all the laser spacing. I know that the laser is a pivotal part of falcos game and without it cant reach my full potential with falco.

So Im asking any of you guys for any tips or training methods on how to get better with lasers/laser spacing. Ive watched the videos of Sethlon, and I could only wish to put my lasers to use like his. So if you guys could give me any tips on how to get better with them, it would be much appreaciated =)

hurricane22491

Smash Cadet
I would say the best way to get better at spacing is just to play matches and get experience/practice. Laser spacing also depends significantly on your playstyle IMO, depending on whether it's more aggressive or defensive.

SHined BLind

Smash Apprentice
I found this little trick with falco's lasers once. It's pivoting away from your opponent and SHL2ing (repeat if necessary). It could help spacing, but I haven't tested it against a real person yet.

Exousia

Smash Journeyman
I just did this a while ago and I improved my SHL and SHDL after a little 1 week break of Brawl.

What you should do is go into training on Final D with 2 CPUs(I used Mario but you should also try with Kirby) on and practice trying to hit each CPU consistently with SHDL or SHL and try to keep hitting them for as long as possible.

Then repeat by setting them to walk or run.

After a while, switch to 1 CPU (lvl 9) on Attack and try hitting the CPU with only your lasers around the stage and practice your spacing and approach with them. Avoid trying to get hit (or if you get hit, not so much)

Once you got that going and your lasers constantly hit your target the majority of the times, try chaining your approaches into combos such as SHL in their face into and Utilt or Dtilt and so on (as used by Sethlon in many of his videos)

Also, trying learning Ledgehop Double Laser for recovery purposes.

Hope this helps you.

Top Bottom