• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Falco's Landmaster - Not Cloned.

LinkNSnake4Main

Smash Journeyman
I'm sick and tired of hearing "OMG CLONE FS! SAKURAI LIED" When he never said ANYTHING about No clones, and their movesets are different anyways.

ANYWAYS, Falco's Landmaster is official Luigified. Take that haters!

(From Dojo)
Since Falco’s element is more in the sky, his Landmaster is not as powerful as Fox’s. Its maneuverability on land also is a little bit lacking.

However, its flight ability more than makes up for its other shortcomings.

Wolf of Ice

Smash Apprentice
Not everyone checks the update anymore when we know the whole game. And one "Omg" was more than enough.

Drack

Smash Apprentice
Then I guess Wolf's specialty will be running over people?
That's actually very close to the truth. Crashing into someone with Wolf's Landmaster has great knockback, better than the other space animals' tanks.

Winnar

Smash Lord
You lose on two counts.

1) Sakurai DID say very clearly that there would be no clone characters. FS clones, however...well, clearly he didn't care if the FS's were clones.

2) How does that not make it a clone? It's the same moveset, just different textures. In fact, it's the same MODEL with different TEXTURES. It's even more a clone than any of the clone characters in Melee, even more than Mario and Doctor Mario. I might even go so far as to call the three space animals' FS's replicas of each other.

I love what they've done with Brawl, but facts are facts; Landmaster FS is a clone, tried and true. If you want to argue with (2), then I'd suggest you define the word "clone" for me.

super-7

Smash Journeyman
You lose on two counts.

1) Sakurai DID say very clearly that there would be no clone characters. FS clones, however...well, clearly he didn't care if the FS's were clones.

2) How does that not make it a clone? It's the same moveset, just different textures. In fact, it's the same MODEL with different TEXTURES. It's even more a clone than any of the clone characters in Melee, even more than Mario and Doctor Mario. I might even go so far as to call the three space animals' FS's replicas of each other.

I love what they've done with Brawl, but facts are facts; Landmaster FS is a clone, tried and true. If you want to argue with (2), then I'd suggest you define the word "clone" for me.
also toon links final smash is a clone but weaker...

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
What I love the most is how Sakurai basically rubs the landmaster in everyone's faces.

". . . Falco’s element is more in the sky. . . ."

So how about giving him A ****ING ARWING?

No. Landmaster. But with better aerial ability. That's definitely the same thing.

Douchebagels.

LinkNSnake4Main

Smash Journeyman
You lose on two counts.

1.)
Sakurai never said there would be no clones. He made a general comment about some people disliking cloned characters, and said in another, separate comment that not all the Melee characters would return. The whole "no clones" thing was speculation blown way out of proportion.

PROVE ME WRONG, FIND A QUOTE.

2.) They are NOT the same moveset, have you even watched any gameplay videos? Falco does not = Fox, or Wolf, each have their own idvidual moveset.
If your referring to the LANDMASTER, thats a 'move' not a 'moveset' and they may LOOK the same, but they still have different statistics and abilities, thus not cloned.
GOOD DAY SIR, YOU LOSE.

Winnar

Smash Lord
*sigh* No, LNS4M (can I call you that? :\ ), I cannot find a quote. It was something like two years ago when he said it. It was back before the dojo was completely rehauled into what it looks like now. He had just got the team together (which he dubbed Team X or something since it was a secret) and had about a page or two explaining that he was thrust into making SSBB. He also said stuff like he considered turning down the project, but after thinking long and hard, he decided to lead the team to make Brawl.

If you can find that document, then you'll find that Sakurai said a few things. He said that while he wanted Brawl to use wifi, he was skeptical of whether or not there would be a lot of lag; he said it was possible, but he wouldn't sacrifice the gameplay if it turned out to be too much for the average wifi connection. He also said that there would be no clones in Brawl.

Have you read that document? I'm 99% sure that's where you'll find your proof, though I have better things to do than search through and hope someone quoted the entire letter in a blog or whatever.

And about the moveset, were you TRYING to misinterpret what I'm saying? "It" usually doesn't refer to characters. "It" refers to the Landmaster FS. I can't think of any character that I would refer to as "It".

The Landmaster is a FS, not a move. It's like Bowser turning into Gigabowser. Gigabowser isn't a move (like the Falcon Punch). Gigabowser has a moveset, but he certainly isn't a move. The same applies to the Landmaster. You press a button, it "jumps" or "hovers" or whatever you would like to call it. You press another button, it "attacks" by firing a laser. You press another button and it "attacks" by doing a barrel roll. I honestly can't believe I have to explain this.

If you're so intent on being right, then stop using arguments that a 10 year old can see through. Otherwise cut your losses and let this thread die, please

chubb-o-wub

Smash Journeyman
Maybe Falco could have some switch that makes their Arwing (is that what they're called?) computer operated and shoot/collide with other players.

As for Wolf's... well, have his team shoot MANY bullets from the background as they rush towards the stage.

WoodyWiggins

Smash Journeyman
Luigify These. Clones Exist in teh Brawl. Fox, Falco, AND Wolf! Which one is the "Luigi"?Slightly modifying the landmaster doesn't prove anything. It only exists for like 30 seconds, anyway.

NeoZ

Smash Ace
Luigify These. Clones Exist in teh Brawl. Fox, Falco, AND Wolf! Which one is the "Luigi"?Slightly modifying the landmaster doesn't prove anything. It only exists for like 30 seconds, anyway.
Have you played Brawl? I guess you haven't.
Falco is more liugified than Luigi, they changed most of his moves(except throws and bair), and the ones the didn't change(animation-wise) act differently now.
Also if Wolf is a Fox clone then I guess Zelda is a Samus clone.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
People don't realize what the definition of "Cloned" means...

This is stupid

Massey88

Smash Rookie
as far as i can tell from playing, the differences between the Landmasters are thus:

Fox: (blue&white) Quick on the ground and can turn around easily. flight limited. blaster is pretty good. strongest ability - Barrel Roll (double tap down)

Falco: (blue&white) Slow on the ground. takes forever to face the other way. Blaster not worth using. barrel roll is alright. Real strength lies in flight ability. fly people off the map. very effective.

Wolf: (red&black) Fairly well rounded, but real strength lies in the Blaster. most powerful shot of all three. not always easy to hit with though... (depending on the stage)

RAAR

Smash Apprentice
Yea is it that hard not to jump on the land master? And when you do is it that hard to jump off? Why could he just have a ship?

Top Bottom