• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Falco's lagless SHAD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

AusGremlinBoy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AussieGremlinBoy
3DS FC
1934-1768-8886
As most of you know, if you attempt a short hop airdodge as Falco, you will receive all of your airdodge landing lag. However, while in the lab I discovereda way to negate this. If you SHAD and proceed to use an aerial during the FAF of the move in-between the invulnerability and you hitting the ground, you will autocancel said move and receive no landing lag. This works with every aerial, and works even better with c stick tilts, allowing you full aerial mobility while doing a SHAD.
Thoughts?

apparently fuz

legendary doesn't fit me.
NNID
googlemynumber
3DS FC
1908-0730-5856
This has been known for a while. Other characters like Falcon or Sheik can perform this, but it doesn't seem as useful as performing aerials out of a SH.

Anragon10

Smash Rookie
As fuzuza said it is indeed known. But it's actualy not that useful in the neutral... We already have reflector for projectiles and the airdodge doesn't have enough invincibility to make use of it in the neutral game.

Eevee Neill

Smash Rookie
NNID
DaBacon1
Cool, but doesn't seem too useful. I never have trouble with situations that the lagless SHAD could come in handy. But y'know, cool beans

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Thread closed 'cause people knew about SHAD for a while, but it's not really useful for Falco and a lot of other characters. Yoshi's the only one that rings a bell, but anyway, I digress.

As most of you know, if you attempt a short hop airdodge as Falco, you will receive all of your airdodge landing lag. However, while in the lab I discovereda way to negate this. If you SHAD and proceed to use an aerial during the FAF of the move in-between the invulnerability and you hitting the ground, you will autocancel said move and receive no landing lag. This works with every aerial, and works even better with c stick tilts, allowing you full aerial mobility while doing a SHAD.
Thoughts?
As a more general technique all characters can use to whatever effect, it would be more applicable asked in the general gameplay discussion: http://smashboards.com/threads/falco-king-of-the-birds-game-play-discussion.367184/.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom