• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Falco's ISJR research

J0RDY

Smash Journeyman
Well, I'm taking a bit of a risk. I'm trying to be able to ISJR Falco's aerials sub-consciously, hoping that it will come into effect later on in Brawl's discoveries. I have only tried this with Bair, but I had problems figuring out when the attack actually ended (Any char in fact).
Then I noticed that you can easily tell when it ends, as he does a 360 in the air. As soon as he ends this spin, it's the end of the move. This helped me greatly with getting the tech down. Don't flame this if your already knew, this Post is not aimed at you.
I will try to update this thread with the other aerials, and show when the attacks actually ends.
I just hope that when this AT progresses, it might give Falco a WoP-esque approach (or overall gameplay, in fact)
Thanks for reading, hope this helps.

EDIT: I have just noticed that I haven't actually explained what ISJR is. It stands for Infinite Second Jump Renewel/Recovery.
Heres the thread that should tell you everything you need to know:
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=173119

QuickBlade

Smash Cadet
I'm pretty sure it stands for Infinite Second Jump Recovery. When the animation of an aerial ends just before u touch the ground u can use your second jump again even if its already been used.

J0RDY

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I've got ISJRing Falcos bair mostly down. Lol, online ppl are still like WTF.
I will try to give the falco boards more info on the aerials, and try it out with his lasers.

ixdnL

Smash Journeyman
From what I've seen, these are really hard to time. And by really hard I mean insanely hard. Good luck on your attempts. Keep us updated.

Can you put up vids by any chance?

J0RDY

Smash Journeyman
My SD cards mucked up atm, and I'm off for the weekend, so I'll do some more work next week.
It's not that hard (sought of), practice makes perfect :D. Oh and I want to ISJR every aerial before I make a vid.

ixdnL

Smash Journeyman
Sounds good. I'll be looking forward to seeing your progress.

Hawks go Caw

Smash Ace
It's apparently significantly easier with tap jump rather than X/Y. When I tried, I could only get Nair with tap jump on and I completely failed with tap jump off.

J0RDY

Smash Journeyman
Ah... I'm doing it with R to jump =/ lol. Dunno if that's helping me or not.

Hawks go Caw

Smash Ace
Apparently, when you use X/Y (not sure about R) to jump, it only inputs jump once while you're pressing it so you have to be really good with timing. With the stick, it's inputting jump during the entire motion of moving the stick up, so you have more leeway.

Top Bottom