• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Falco's fair can gimp.

Status
Not open for further replies.

rustybomb12

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
1934-0776-7390
Last edited:

zanryo

Smash Rookie
NNID
Zanryo
3DS FC
3711-8361-4706
Thats awesome...

I always used bair, but whatever is situational now will be good.

Last edited:
NNID
CRQ-L-07
3DS FC
4854-6608-1552
This is fairly common knowledge to Falco mains, but I think it's wonderful to have it laid out there. :) Falco's fair is very good when you land it, and gives him the leg up when fighting foes off-stage.

Charhazzard

Smash Cadet
The Falco community seems lacking when compared to the greninja or shiek threads we need more info like this! Remember there's plenty of up and coming players who could use this type of info.

SaturnFrost

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SaturnFrost
This is in my opinion 1 of the best off stage gimp moves around. What I love to do with it is Fast fall as the attack is vortexing the opponent in, that way it can be used as a full body spike. If timed correctly you can have the opponent super low without their double jump and you can recover safely with jump up B. This moves been more reliable as a spike for me than dair.

Shwag

Smash Cadet
Yeah, you can walk off fast fall fair and still get back. So if they recover low, or without a jump you can catch them pretty easily. Or you can double jump fast fall fair and get them if they recover high. If you catch them low, it's pretty much a guaranteed kill.

Fair is probably my most killed with move. It's so good now that the last hit has big knock back.

shaneknows

Smash Rookie
Wow I just started using this a lot more and the results have been crazy. Had a few sacrificial kills with fast falling a little too hard, but overall good results. Thank for the tip.

Nicmckael

Smash Rookie
Thanks for posting this, I've been getting some awesome gimps. Hoping to post a montage soon. His Fair seems much more reliable in this game than his Dair and Bair for off stage attacks.

Banjo-Kazooie

Smash Ace
NNID
Burudiman
3DS FC
2492-5021-9705
Since the Dair and Blaster were nerfed, Fair has been my main Falco tool for out of stage shenanigans. Pretty useful because most people who still dont know Sm4sh Falco expect to get spiked with a Dair, and then, drilled to death.
The Fair drill and improvements to Phantasm are the reasons I started playing a lot of Falco in this Smash version. That, and the sweet blue jacket.

AlexAnthonyD

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Anthony
3DS FC
1521-5082-7099
I thought Falco sucked at first till I came across a guy in FG who used this move against me many matches in a row and it was tough to air dodge because he would initiate it early and fast fall as soon as he got me caught up in it. Then he would get back on stage and get ready to kill me on my tough recovery, if I was able to make it. I have implemented this into my Falco game since then and have had much more success than when I was trying to play him like his brawl version.

Legend Vermillion

Spanish Brawl Competitive Player
Im having trouble gimping enemies. When I try to fair a Yoshi, Ganon or someone similar to em (characters with spike) they usually dodge my fair and I end being gimped by their spike when I try to recover due to Falco poor vertical recover options. Any tips?

McDareth

Smash Apprentice
NNID
McDareth
Falco's Fair will also semi-spike (for lack of a better term) an opponent if it trades on the first hit. I've had this happen several times but if you trade with the opponents Up B or their option to try and hit you away the Fair will just send them straight down. The easiest setup I've seen for this is catching Fox Up Bing below the ledge with you on it, you can just let go of the ledge and fast fall the fair and once you make contact with him he'll be launched down and you will be knocked back up and can safely Up B to the ledge.

Im having trouble gimping enemies. When I try to fair a Yoshi, Ganon or someone similar to em (characters with spike) they usually dodge my fair and I end being gimped by their spike when I try to recover due to Falco poor vertical recover options. Any tips?
pretty much as a rule of thumb (that I still sometimes don't follow and die to) I would not go off against Yoshi (Yoshi's Daiir will spike unless he hits the last hit which as time goes by more Yoshis will get this down) or Kirby (his Diar always sends you down no matter what percent you're at and he has 5 jumps and and Up B to ensure that you do not come back) unless you are 100% sure that you will not only hit them but put them so far away that they cannot retaliate before you get to the stage. I play against Kim a lot and she's been getting really good at punishing low recoveries with Dairs on these characters so avoid it if you can.

Beetle Juice

Smash Journeyman
Yoshi's has that super armor jump so unless you know when they will up B its not work it. I would recommend waiting by the ledge and using reflector twice that way he gets hit with egg and lose hit forward momentum. Gan in the other hand shouldn't be a problem what you can do is fair early near the ledge and don't fast fall, if you are going to fair from high on top full hop and fair midway on the jump, but try to keep any forward momentum to a minimal, if you approach too close and he dodges he can have a chance to attack you, if you space it and let his momentum go to it he might mistime the air dodge and get hit with the knock back at the end. Remember that two fairs make the wizard go away lol (had to do it corny pun).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom