• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Falco's DB

scarecrowuknow

Smash Cadet
1st of all i posted this in the wrong section before so u might have seen this twice... anyway...
i was just wondering about falco's DB...
ive seen a couple of video's of him throwing his reflector and nothing happening to the enemy...
does this mean his DB has become useless??
im concerned so please answer this question...
What has happened to Falco's DB... is it better or worse??

--after all u guys can prob answer this question the best :)

paralasalud

Smash Ace
1st of all i posted this in the wrong section before so u might have seen this twice... anyway...
i was just wondering about falco's DB...
ive seen a couple of video's of him throwing his reflector and nothing happening to the enemy...
does this mean his DB has become useless??
im concerned so please answer this question...
What has happened to Falco's DB... is it better or worse??

--after all u guys can prob answer this question the best :)
compared to melee it's "worse" because it's not as effective as it was for combos.

however, you should just see falco in brawl as falco in brawl.
he won't be used at all like he was used in melee.
so it isn't really better or worse, it's just a different game.

i'm sure there's also damage variation from reflected projectiles in regards to his shine versus fox and wolf's.

ThreeX

Smash Lord
yo guys have to remember... this is a totally different game, and falco is much different now, he is NOT the same, first of all, you can't L cancel, so that's out of the question, his dair is only a spike when you sweetspot the tip of his foot, and his shine, doesn't send them up anymore, alot of people are saying falco is good, but for more of a defensive character now. :\

marthownsxd

Smash Apprentice
I don't know what I like better, an identical clone as Falco was to Fox in melee (similar moveset, entirely different playstyle, comboability, different strengths and weaknesses), or a Luigified clone (Less than half of the same moveset and almost a totally different character)
I love pillaring and it seems to be that his shine was one of the moves they should have left unchanged because it had a different uses and a certain uniqueness. Isn't new always a good thing? Either way, I am looking forward to see the new uses and potential of his new "shine".

Jem.

Smash Master
Dont even think about playing falco like melee. You'll get burned bad. You can SHDL spam but its not THAT great. You can space back airs all you want though =p

Chip.

you know what to do
Listen to Jem

His Brawl Falco is ****. Even though I've never seen it, I still know it >=(.

Jem for next pro Brawl Falco! Yhauuz!

Mr Marill

Smash Rookie
yo guys have to remember... this is a totally different game, and falco is much different now, he is NOT the same, first of all, you can't L cancel, so that's out of the question, his dair is only a spike when you sweetspot the tip of his foot, and his shine, doesn't send them up anymore, alot of people are saying falco is good, but for more of a defensive character now. :\
That was always the same in the PAL version you know

Aaryk

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Aarykk
3DS FC
0834-3787-5311
The shine is weird in that by pressing down, you attack to the side..
it'll take some getting used to, but it should completely revamp some playing styles.
I give it a thumbs up.

Top Bottom