• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Falcon vs Falco

CxDist

Smash Rookie
Solid playing on both parts, alittle too much stomping for my taste but there isn't much you can do against falco. Little mistakes here and there such as oppurtunities and L-cancel but overall one of the better amateur videos i've seen.

Moggie

Smash Journeyman
You're pretty good, but I feel like your friend's Falco could use a bit of work.

SHL should be his primary attack method, seeing as Captain Falcon's moves are primarily SHFFL moves. His SHL would nearly completely stop any offense you had if he could do this correctly. If he stops your shffl's, then you must take to the air. Once there, the Falco could very easily control you using d-air and b-air combinations, as well as continuing his SHL.

As for your Falcon, seeing as Falco is missing this EXTREMELY important element of play, I can't really give you any suggestions until he incorporates them. Your l-cancel to shield timing was very nice, and I did see a bit of mindgame going on, so kudos on that front. Remember, when your friends Falco does improve, the key to victory for you will be tech-chasing and getting Falco off of the stage and taking advantage of his recovery.

Overall not bad, but you could both be so much better if your friend would improve his Falco play. Once he gets better, I think both of you will get much better, because you both do have potential to be good players :)

tarheeljks

Smash Lord
ditto what everyone else has said about the falco. it's werid though, he looked fine for the first stock but then just stopped playing properly.

punisher47

Smash Journeyman
ok stomps are good for fox/falco but you dont need to do it all the time. you need to time your side b as well, those should be used on rare occasions. also that falcon needs to use way more shl.

BoomStick

Smash Journeyman
The main problem I see is not the falco's playstyle at all..nor your over-use of the stomp...It's the blue shield with the green tights.

Just messin, good job, Look at darkrain's combos against fastfallers..

Frozen

Smash Lord
Thanks for the opinions...yeah the falco isn't that good, i've been training him lately and he's improved a lot though.

As for me, the falcon...yeah I do tend to stomp a bit too much, I probably should of SHFFLed Nairs a few times in that video where I went for stomps....but yeah I'm working on getting better too...i've been placing pretty nicely at tourneys lately.

technomancer

Smash Champion
F that, <3 stomp against Falco man stomp the bejeezus out of him, stomp->stomp for the ultimate combo. Give up the side B entirely, because it doesn't duck lasers, gets owned by all of Falco's smashes shffls tilts and probably his grab too, you're not sneaking anything in there. Other than that looks like you have improved alot since I played you a few months ago, good stuff hope to play you again soon :D

shminkledorf

Smash Ace
Falcos that fulljump after every shine burn my eyes.
Pretty solid looking falcon though, and I'm almost positive a well done laser WILL hit falcon out of hit over b, but hey, I don't know too much about dem dur falconz stuffz.

tarheeljks

Smash Lord
there are certain frames during the raptor punch where the laser won't knock him out, but it will during a large portion of it. i often try to laser my roommate out of his raptor punches, sometimes it works and i get a free shine/grab, but sometimes he gets it.

Ghostype

Smash Champion
Nurok, let's all (Bmore) record Falco-Falcon matches against Frozen, we'll take turns going based on the increasing level of difficulty he'll face from each Falco; kinda like a video game. Ignoring the fact that it's a video game already. I don't know what this post is about.

Frozen

Smash Lord
Nurok, let's all (Bmore) record Falco-Falcon matches against Frozen, we'll take turns going based on the increasing level of difficulty he'll face from each Falco; kinda like a video game. Ignoring the fact that it's a video game already. I don't know what this post is about.
Bring it on, bastages.

<3

Nurok

Smash Lord
certaionly
lets do that
il be the boss
since im most technical falco in B,more
or wit
hova is the boss
ill be the second from the boss
or EE
LOL
itll be amazing

audreyh

Smash Ace
Give up the side B entirely, because it doesn't duck lasers, gets owned by all of Falco's smashes shffls tilts and probably his grab too, you're not sneaking anything in there.

side b does punish shl if you notice the falco lasers a little higher than center.

btk Ace

Smash Apprentice
Your Falcon Needs to Tech more
I think you teched like 3 times?
it would make you much faster and not get comboed

Wilhelmsan

Smash Lord
When I fight Falco, I find that a tight, well-timed and well-spaced super aggro approach with shuffled nairs will get you the hits you need to move him. Mindgames not included*

Frozen

Smash Lord
When I fight Falco, I find that a tight, well-timed and well-spaced super aggro approach with shuffled nairs will get you the hits you need to move him. Mindgames not included*
Yeah this was more or less a fun little match with a friend who isn't too skilled, to test the recording hardware I had just bought, but I agree, retreating Nairs (so you can't get shield grabbed) and tech chasing are the 2 best things falcon has in this match up.

Stomps are fun too = )

Lit

Smash Ace
man i hate when i play falcos that is the only character i dont like fighting.... but i think my falcon can take them one though... and btw good job by the falcon.... i agree with CXdist this is really a good amatuer video....

Top Bottom