• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Falcon Stage Selection Chart (Currently discussing METAKNIGHT, neutral stages)

Doggalina

Smash Lord
Chicagoland (NW Indiana)/Purdue West Lafayette
Okay, so this is a lot like that character matchup chart, but with stages.

The chart (with nothing in it) is here: http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=pRxSiDYXRTXLeNJpvxWyYGA

Ignore whether the character has an inherent advantage. We just want to discuss which stages either a) exacerbate the problems Falcon has, b) lessens or gets rid of problems Falcon has, and/or c) let Falcon do something against that character.

Falcon is at a disadvantage against most characters, so stage selection is all the more important.

For now, let's discuss neutral stages and METAKNIGHT. Which stages merit which classification? (If you're wondering, the neutrals are BF, FD, Lylat, Yoshi's Island (Brawl), and Smashville).

Please post what advantages/disadvantages Falcon has, and what category you think the stage should be in. After a lot of discussion, I'll update the chart.

-------------------------------------------------

RESOURCES/GOOD READING

Wogrim

Smash Lord
Ooh cool. Although my matchups guide only has stage recommendations so far for like 3 characters....
Hopefully you can get enough discussion to get the chart filled in, and then I'll just steal each character matchup's best/worst few stages for my guide as a condensed version :bee:.

I think this chart is going to be most easily figured out based on the other characters' forums, and which stages they like and dislike the most, and then combine that with which stages we like and dislike. If we like it and they hate it, win; if we hate it and they like it, boo. I don't think Falcon can do anything specifically to other characters that we can only do to specific characters on specific stages, and the other way around, so it will be mostly their strengths and weaknesses on those stages versus ours, which our general stage discussion thread should help us fill in.

Edit: If you can color the stages by their category (neutral, cp, illegal) or put a symbol next to their name that would be convenient since I havn't been to the stage discussion thread in a long time (I usually just pick FD, even if it is a bad stage for the matchup).

Ayaz18

Smash Champion
ahh meta knight.........meta knight........meta knight......you truly are the douche bag of Brawl, he has the new whorenado, which in it self already wins against all of Falcon's attacks, it not only has great priority but gains more as it's mashed (and quickly gains it!). Falcon kick works, but not as well as you would think because of the window of opportunity being so small. When at NikoK's tourny there was one MK who honestly mashed whorenado and got fifth beating out sliq................cheap much?. his ****ed Dsmash is so quick the only way you can try to avoid it is is to jump, honestly it's so quick that if spot dodged it can come again hitting you out of your spot dodge in the ending frames, and not only that it's quick it's one of MK's prime killing moves. Shuttle loop is almost as spamable as the whorenado, it has so much range, can be reversed for easy edge-guarding can be glide cancelled, and even if it misses the gliding strike is enough to KO.

Strategies:...............................when this match up comes, just switch to Snake

EDIT:umm no stage is real advantage, i thought it would be self-explanatory..................

Top Bottom