• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Falcon Nair spamming

FrankDaTank

Smash Cadet
I've been playing against a Captain Falcon lately and his main approach option consists of abusing Falcon's nair. Unfortunately, I can't seem to find an answer to it aside from just dash dancing out of range of and trying to make it so he undershoots his approach, but if he overshoots his approach then I just end up getting hit by it.

Also, he plays Fox and Falco too and whenever I try to play Sheik against him, he just ends up crouch cancel shining a lot of what I do against him, which is extremely obnoxious. I try dthrow tech chasing him, but I guess I just suck horribly at it because a lot of the time I jut end up getting wakeup shined by him over and over, which then puts me in an unfavorable position.

What exactly is Sheik supposed to do against this?

Last edited:

タオー

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3540-1146-8863
Against Falcon you cannot approach, just wall him out with ftilt and when you see him misstep follow up with dash attack into an aerial combo. For both, getting your reaction tech chasing down is key, since it wrecks fast fallers. Falcon is super easy to tech chase due to his lack of shine and overall long tech roll animation. For Fox and Falco, try to space yourself far enough away to be out of shine range but where you can still grab. Power Shield shine to grab is also an option, but if he multi shines you'll have to just time it before the shine comes out.

FrankDaTank

Smash Cadet
Alright, thanks a lot. Sometimes I've been trying to approach Falcon with Sheik but I guess that's a bad idea since I keep getting grabbed and just destroyed. As for the spacies, guess I'll just keep working on the tech chasing.

C-SAF

Smash Journeyman
he just ends up crouch cancel shining a lot of what I do against him, which is extremely obnoxious.?
FYI, ur friend is not being obnoxious. Every spacie who asks what to do against shiek is told to cc shine her moves at low percents. This is the norm and u have to work around it until about 40%. If u aren't respecting a spacies cc then u can literally lose every game to it. U have to grab, needle, and space aerials to get around it.

Scroll

Smash Ace
Premium
This is why the Downthrow Techchase is so important. It let's you rack up that super important early percents that takes the spacie out of the CC range. Keep in mind Falco can actually CC most of your normals (tilts and dash attack) up until 60 ish, where Fox get's lifted alot earlier.

When ever a spacie has a fresh stock you sorta have to play as if you're playing against a floatie in the sense that you can't combo him. Go for single, well spaced aerials (mostly AC Fair and Bairs) and Needles. Take the grabs when they present themselves and Nair OoS after the Shine when he gets in on your shield.

A super important note is that: At low percents, if you manage to stuff the spacie or simply hit him with a normal while he is airborn you can put him in hitstun thus creating a Tech Chase scenario, which you can grab him out of.
This is why you see Tilts being used at lower percents in higher level matches. Not because they are a good option in neutral for all scenarios.

F. Stein

Smash Journeyman
Because chain grabbing someone kills their morale and shows that you have complete control of a situation. Not to mention... people really underrate how long matches grind on a player's mind when they are playing top tier speed deamons that require lots of imputs. If you make a match against a Fox or a Falcon go slowly with constant chaingrabs then you start to crush their will to fight back because they think that overcommiting or making a mistake will result in another chain grab and another 30 seconds of them being able to do nothing.

Last edited:

Str8Bustr

Smash Rookie
Afaik, Sheik can only CG spacies with up throw after 100%, so I guess if you prefer demoralizing than killing them

タオー

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3540-1146-8863
Breaking someone's morale can easily net more stocks in turn. For a character like Sheik, this means she can take control of the pace of the match, which is highly advantageous for a character who has trouble approaching.

SazoonTheBoon

Smash Apprentice
Sheiks moves beat falcons; literally throw out any move when he nairs and it'll probably beat it if you time it right. Sheik wins the matchup through throwing out moves at the right time, and falcon wins through movement.

Top Bottom