• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Falco "wavebounce"

pchoo

Smash Cadet
I haven't seen mention of this on the falco boards yet...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kox5-m5JM3w&feature=related
See around 13:50.

Reference thread at:
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=152409

I've heard you can also "wavebounce" by inputting the b move and then smashing back on the control stick very quickly... this would mean you don't have to change the c-stick setup, which means you don't have the chance of accidentally doing forward-b and dying.

More useful than reverse short hop blasters? Dunno.
Useful in general? Yep. :)

Vegeta214

Smash Apprentice
Pretty useful as a defensive technique. It'll denititely boost falco's game. Even though 019's reaction was rather disturbing :laugh:

Lid

Smash Apprentice
I don't understand what exactly is a wavebounce? just looks like jumping and using your B moves. All i know is that it involves the c-stick

Ebonyks

Smash Apprentice
lid, it involves switching the function of your c-stick to b moves. It's done in the controller config.

Personally, i'm waiting for someone to be able to use short hop double wavebounced lasers. I don't have brawl yet to test out if it's possible

redgreenblue

Smash Ace
I'm at school and I don't have access to youtube. Could someone explain wavebouncing more clearly, please? Do you need to change c-stick to to special or not? I don't want to change my controlset, or else I'll be messed at tournaments.

EDIT: NVM

B0mbe1c

Smash Lord
In WB, If you move the CStick in opposite where ur facing, youll use your move while going backwards. Check out 019 vids, it shows whos good w/ it, and its useful for. For Falco, not so much,.. only 1 move, Blaster, and its pretty hard to blaaster w/ CStick.

/Wii Post

Deuce

Smash Cadet
I don't really see it being that huge of a improvement for falco inreguarding to the B sticking thing, sure it looks like a RSHL but its extremely easy to **** that up and SD off the edge with a phantasm. Im sure with practice you might be able to do it alot but the risk to reward dosent seem that good. However if it can be done like pchoo said in the first post using the C stick, that would be tons better!

just my 2 cents

Drack

Smash Apprentice
It's Recoil Specials.

I've done some extensive tests. across all characters. It's not practlcal as Falco.

The laser recoil is tiny - barely more than you could do with a turnaround B.
The illusion recoil is tiny (half a falco bodylength), if you want a mindgame then illusion cancel. This won't change anything.
The shine recoil is nothing.
The firebird recoil is significant (you shift one falco bodylength over) but I don't see any application since the opponent sees you move when the charging delay of the move starts.

Bottom line, Falco likes C-sticks better than B-sticks.

B-reversals though, have some potential. I used falco in my example video for them: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qHLbS9NpW8Y

Only the second half is important to falco. in the air, turnaround B is easier and just as good.

Lyoncet

Smash Apprentice
Hey, very nice video! One word on it though.

Reverse falcon punch > all.

Top Bottom