• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

falco vs yoshi ?

GamerGuitarist7

Smash Champion
uh, if you're patient you can wait for me to write a yoshi in the Character Match-Up sticky. it may take a while though lol. well, i haven't fought many yoshi's, but here's a few tips
  • SHL his move where he turns into an egg, or you can dair it if you want but SHL keeps distance
  • shine his second jump, it stops him where he is. so if he's scooping up under the level, jump down there and shine him. i guess you can -call it a shine spike lol
  • his dair owns your firebird recovery so watch out and i don't t hink you can tech it :(

are there any specific things you need tips on?

DJ Boonbuggy

Smash Apprentice
Wow, I, uhm, don't know what all to say against Yoshi because there isn't a really good Yoshi anywhere near me. Really, if you don't know how to approach a character, just SHL a bunch until you piss the other person off enough to get him off his game and start making mistakes that you can capitalize on. Remember, if you hit Yoshi off after he's used his second jump, he's done for, but also remember that he's ridiculously heavy during that second jump itself. I don't have enough experience off the top of my head to say whether or not you can spike/Laser Yoshi during his second jump to abuse it entirely, but when he's done with the jump he returns to normal weight, so abuse those two assets then.

Other than that, shine combo/utilt combo if he gets too floaty at higher precentages (not sure) like normal.

Edit: After reading gamer's post which he was writing while I was writing mine, that shine idea is a good one. I think it'd be funny to shine and then JC the shine real quick and spike him to his death too, if you can make it back onto the stage by DIing =P

h.e.x

Smash Rookie
Don't blunder into Yoshi f-airs. It sucks. Try and get him off the stage with a ftilt or fsmash if you can and shine him during his second jump.

Edit: Boonbuggy, a friend of mine plays Yoshi every now and then, and I personally like to waveland around the edges rather than attack a second jumping Yoshi (unless it's with a shine.) The *******s can head-but you and DI back to the stage without breaking a sweat.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
fun fact: ever played a yoshi with super shielding skills? if they light shield your dairs they will escape the shield spamming that works on most characters. also, crouching yoshis can powershield lasers more easily than other characters. which makes the matchup very funny: yoshi has better ground approach options against falco on FD. light shield rolling ftw.

even more: yoshi has this special shield that allows him to powershield each hit WHILE light shielding. i'm not sure how to do it but my crew member PARK knows.

regardless, falco still ***** yoshi with drill shines despite yoshi's defensive measures. just rack up damage as much as you can and eventually he can't crouch cancel stuff. stop his double jump with shines, it messes up his timing. if the yoshi is too fast and fumi-like with perfect djc combos and such... good luck. falco should still have the advantage though.

mathos

Smash Champion
Pillar yoshi, his shield sucks. Yoshi's usually try and do some crazy short hop arials but dont' get confused. Yoshi is fast but he's not mobile due to only having one jump.

Top Bottom