• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

falco vs mario

invertigo

Smash Journeyman
why are mario's pills owning me. i cant shl approach when he is spamming pills, and attacking mario from on top is dangerous for falco. how do you guys fight good marios? i cant really combo him either.

technomancer

Smash Champion
Doctor Mario.

Attacking Doc from above is not at all dangerous if you space correctly and L-cancel. Try landing behind him with a B-air; that should beat out his own Uair and Bair just fine. Apply more pressure, and try to stay on top of or behind him. Doc doesn't have much priority over your laser and approaches (nair), but he does have a nasty grab, good damage building, and nasty edgeguarding, so just don't give him a chance to breathe. Downsmash can finish at about 60% or so if you follow it with a good edgeguard, and remember to reverse your DI if he likes the cape.

Smash Journeyman
Doctor Mario.

Attacking Doc from above is not at all dangerous if you space correctly and L-cancel. Try landing behind him with a B-air; that should beat out his own Uair and Bair just fine. Apply more pressure, and try to stay on top of or behind him. Doc doesn't have much priority over your laser and approaches (nair), but he does have a nasty grab, good damage building, and nasty edgeguarding, so just don't give him a chance to breathe. Downsmash can finish at about 60% or so if you follow it with a good edgeguard, and remember to reverse your DI if he likes the cape.
yea true, if your talking a bout doc i was assuming mario since thats what you put any ways.
for doc any two numbers with proper spacing could work. spamming your lasers and forcing
doc to come in then thats where you take the nair or a grabbing approach. the doc player is gunna shield or cape your laser abuse in this case you punish him, and make sure you cancel after those nairs so doc won't be able to follow up with his deadly grab game. also remember falco can nair right through his pills to let him know spamming pills won't be good.

with mario take a same approach.

invertigo

Smash Journeyman
great advice guys thanks. i think my problem is l-cancelling from a ff full jump aerial because i keep getting grabbed. ill work on it. anything else?

invertigo

Smash Journeyman
ive never done a jump cancel grab out of shine. ill work on that. thanks

GamerGuitarist7

Smash Champion
try to avoid shining them back at him, becuase when you reflect somethign you're stuck in the shine and he can grab/smash/dashattck you if he jumps over the pill. when i fight docs and marios, i do a lot of attacking from above. also, stick to center stage. you do NOT want to get bthrowed off the stage, that cape ***** firebird and phantasm if they're good (unless you're Viperboy and tech it, holy crap.)

Top Bottom