• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Falco vs Jigglypuff

iWater

Smash Rookie
Can someone please help me with the Jigglypuff matchup? I seem to never be able to get in and when I do it usually ends up in me getting punished hard.

FooltheFlames

needs hugs~<3
As a player who secondaries Jigglypuff myself, I suggest you use more shorthop laser cancels. Against Falcos who rarely spam lasers, I feel much more free to do what I want, but against those who do, I start to feel totally boxed in!
Not that you should just spam lasers and only lasers over and over, then of course you'll start to become predictable. And not only the shorhops either cuz it will become easy to just float over there and rest on top of you. Try to constantly vary your altitude when firing, keep them guessing.

Know that a Jigglypuff is usually after one thing- that precious rest hit! A Puff is always going to be fishing for grabs at low percents, and uair/nair combos into rest at later percents, their going to be aircamping when you're on a platform or something, waiting to read your roll- a get up attack usually foils this if they come in to early, but it can also work against you as well if they read it and hover over you until it ends. Aircamping is annoying, but know that Puffs staying in the air with constant bairs aren't really trying to approach you either until you start commit to something, that's when they feel safe. So use that aircamping against by stopping their momentum with more lasers. If you know what they are after and exactly when they are after it, you can start using this against them. Puffs like to stay under you, that's their favorite place besides being off the edge with you. When Falco's decide to fall with nair after doing something in the air I was planning on punishing them for, I really hate it. And when they under me it's the worst.. nair/dair and my falling speed do nothing for me and I cant crouch cancel so try to be at the place opposite of where the Puff wants you- be underneath the Puff instead of the Puff being underneath you and you will find it much more easier to approach. A lame puff who wastes to many jumps aircamping will end up allowing you underneath them far too often..

Another good strat is counterpicking FD if you really wanna go that route, lack of plats really hurt some Puff players~

iWater

Smash Rookie
Thanks for helping out. This will definitely help me out when playing against puff again, now time for me to practice this.

iWater

Smash Rookie
Thanks, getting to know what people look for still really helps.

makehersquirtle

Smash Rookie
Yes in general Falco wants to keep jigs grounded/ in shield then rain ****ing hell on her with down airs and shield pressure. Use Dair d tilt and f smash to tech chase. jigs tech roll sucks so you can exploit the **** out of this and get a lot of early kills. walk forward f smash behind is a really good way to get a early kill/ bait jigs into rolling behind you. you can cc get up attack and Dair it after. d tilt covers tech in place well and is good once jigs is above ~85%. before that just Dair tech in place or missed tech. Once jigs is above ~110 depending on stage up tilt becomes really broken as it kills and is safe, this is your number one kill option at high percent. jab on the back of puffs shield is also good at high percent as it leads to a back air, but is bad if puffs shield is facing you as you can be grabbed. in neutral getting directly under puff is really good once she's above you as you can sneak under then fh Bair. To get out of the corner shield vs puffs back air then wave dash forward out of shield is really good, but is susceptible to tomahawk grab. This is just a start but hopefully it helps.

RockLee666

Smash Rookie
Laser her so shes grounded... like spam lasers against that dumbass balloon. Good kill options r dtilt, upsmash oos too. Also bc puff players suck if u practice ur ac bairs u can kinda out bair her (against **** puffs at least) plus like all puffs do that dumbass pound near the edge, bait that **** out. This mu is basically impossible tho cus if u get offstage at all u literally cant recover

RockLee666

Smash Rookie
Laser her so shes grounded... like spam lasers against that ******* balloon. Good kill options r dtilt, upsmash oos too. Also bc puff players suck if u practice ur ac bairs u can kinda out bair her (against **** puffs at least) plus like all puffs do that ******* pound near the edge, bait that **** out. This mu is basically impossible tho cus if u get offstage at all u literally cant recover
Oh plus uptilt alot. Grab her and use dthrow, go for a tech chase, u can like dair tf outta her

Top Bottom