• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Falco vs Fox. (Videos)

Giggidax

Smash Ace
well i understand ur knew to falco/fox, but heres wat i can see.

fox needs to work on shine combos. jc shine, waveshining, and also L-cancelling. nair shines are good at low percents. i would say grab more, do some uthrow usmashes it racks up damage is u can pull it off consecutively. shffl more as well. i saw u would try and run up and drill falco while hes near the edge, if ur gonna do that try not to fall to ur doom. u had a SD somewhere in the first video.

falco needs to shl with more effectiveness, shine dair combos need work as well.

TheKneeOfJustice

Smash Lord
For the Falco:

1. Don't always use a shufled Dair to approach, Nair works well too.
2. Laser more.
3. Wavedashing and dash attack mindgames make decent set-ups in a pinch.
4. I didn't see one up-tilt; it's very good. I'll leave it at that.
5. Instead of Shine -> Dair comboes, use Dair -> Shine comboes.
6. Grab more.

Not bad though for being new to a character.

tarheeljks

Smash Lord
for the falco: the knee made a lot of good points, but i can add a few things. SHL more while he's on the board, not just once you've knocked him off. Fox will overwhelm you w/his speed if you don't. Be careful about using the SHL once he's off the ledge-- you could catch him off guard and he'll fall to his death, but you could also give him a chance to get back on where he may have died otherwise. After a shine, work on WDing under your opponent as opposed to always jumping up after him. These were platform levels, so it makes sense to jc the shine, but levels like FD, wavedashing out of the sine will make your Falco much faster.

for the fox: Make sure you DI. You could have escaped some of the combos faster if you had been DI-ing. Fox can chaingrab Falco, so grab more and do a few jc'ed grabs. I'll have more later.

Doc_Holiday

Smash Ace
Fox needs to stop smash spamming, there are better moves to use when Falco is at 0-50% Like, Dair>shine or Uthrow>SHFFLd Uair>SHFFLD Uair or Uthrow>Usmash Or Uthrow>Uthrow or Chaining nairs. Both of you need to stop using Fairs so much, that is probably the worst Fair, or possibly even the worst aerial in the game.

Top Bottom