• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Falco Vidoes, Critique appreciated.

forward

Smash Champion
I watched one of the Falco vs Marth vids and got bored and didn't finish because neither of you can kill each other from a combo. You should work on that. Once you hit them away, keep moving, don't stand still. Use dash dances and mix in some wave dashes if you have to just keep ur opponent on their toes. Most important thing is that you HIT THEM after your combo. Even if you have to hit with a move that isn't the best as long as you don't get punished for it hit them. Every move can be followed up.

I watched two of the Falcon vids. For the love of god use a shuffle n air, so many shuffle d airs it hurts. Calm down on the d air ussage in general, you had much better combo opportunities going for an up smash, up tilt, shuffle up air, shuffle n air, instead of a d air. Shoot lasers at different heights, you only seem to be using them on the ground. Learn the timing for lasers that cover platforms, there are a lot of variations. Work on your transitions between platforms, NEVER forget that the platforms are there. The more you acknowledge them, the better they will serve you.

You're use of the instant double jump was good. You seem like you have the right idea in Falco vs Marth, and same with Falco vs CF. So, good tactics, bad execution.

Peace.

vericz

Smash Champion
You have to combo and keep your speed up. I saw so many spot dodges, those aren't good to use over and over too easy to read. Learn a few more combos and keep moving.

K.C. Cloud

Smash Ace
I watched one of the Falco vs Marth vids and got bored and didn't finish because neither of you can kill each other from a combo. You should work on that. Once you hit them away, keep moving, don't stand still. Use dash dances and mix in some wave dashes if you have to just keep ur opponent on their toes. Most important thing is that you HIT THEM after your combo. Even if you have to hit with a move that isn't the best as long as you don't get punished for it hit them. Every move can be followed up.

I watched two of the Falcon vids. For the love of god use a shuffle n air, so many shuffle d airs it hurts. Calm down on the d air ussage in general, you had much better combo opportunities going for an up smash, up tilt, shuffle up air, shuffle n air, instead of a d air. Shoot lasers at different heights, you only seem to be using them on the ground. Learn the timing for lasers that cover platforms, there are a lot of variations. Work on your transitions between platforms, NEVER forget that the platforms are there. The more you acknowledge them, the better they will serve you.

You're use of the instant double jump was good. You seem like you have the right idea in Falco vs Marth, and same with Falco vs CF. So, good tactics, bad execution.

Peace.
Thankyou forward, this is more or less the type of criticism I'm looking for. I'll work on the things you noticed and put videos up in another month or so around that.

Also thankyou Vericz, I'm hoping that more people will comment on things they notice that I can alter or change to make my play more affective.

Top Bottom