• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Falco Stages

Kykev14

Smash Rookie
I am semi-new to melee and don't know what stages to pick when playing falco against anyone. What stages are good bad and neutral against each character? Is there a place that explains this?

Nox_SSBM

Smash Rookie
I'm just starting as well, but ive been taught that FD is good for Falco because it is easiest to pressure with lasers. :pikachu:

FE_Hector

Smash Lord
You asked a very BIG question that has a lot of answers. Let me give an example vs Fox.

FD: If your punish and neutral games are good, you can avoid the CG and probably take all combos extremely far. Conversely, if you get grabbed a lot, you'll probably want to avoid this stage for that exact reason.

BF: Actually relatively even just because the stage size allows for nice lasers, but the plats allow for really good evasion.

YS: If your opponent wants to rush you down, they could punish you for shooting one bad laser because of how small the stage is. On the other hand, a defensive Fox will probably be destroyed on this small stage without room for them to run around.

DL: Pretty much the opposite of YS

PKS: You both have a ton of room to run around when it's neutral, but the platforms also allow for nice evasive measures and the tree and snake pit are super dangerous.

That was really just me skating over it, but I think that you get the idea. FoD is just weird...

Cindrex

Smash Rookie
NNID
Cindrex
This is simply my opinion on stages:
Battlefield: Amazing stage for, well, I think every character. There's never really a time where you wouldn't want to go here, except for preferring a different stage such as FD or YS.
Final Destination: This stage is really great for :falcomelee: because of lasers obviously, also you have really good vertical (pillar) and horizontal combo game, it's super nice when it isn't stopped by platforms.
*Don't pick FD if:
  • your opponent is playing :marthmelee: and knows how to chaingrab
  • your opponent is an experienced :gawmelee:; I never knew how long :gawmelee: could upthrow re-grab on spacies. maybe I was doing it wrong but I got to about 40-50% before I got out of his upthrow regrab. usually don't worry about :gawmelee: though because, well, he's really bad. You'll learn the match up eventually and trash him because he simply has way more limitations than a :falcomelee:.
Yoshi's Story: This stage is really good for :falcomelee: for a lot of reasons. :falcomelee: has amazing combo game which can be led into a smash attack or strong bair/dair/nair. Against :jigglypuffmelee::peachmelee::luigimelee::samusmelee::pikachumelee:, this stage is amazing. You can shine, jump, shine again, jump, and shine a third time if they're lower % or you can do an Up-B instead. Also, with :falcomelee:'s limited recovery, he uses up the blast box to its fullest compared to, say, DL64, where you'll have all this space of living but it won't do you any good, where a :foxmelee: could abuse that range, or a :jigglypuffmelee:.
Dream Land 64: This stage is fine. It's not great, but it's not terrible. You can combo well with all the space given and lasers are easy to spam. The only downside is that your opponent probably has a better recovery than you and will abuse the blastbox.
Fountain of Dreams: Ew. I mean, this is only my opinion, don't forget that, but ew. I hate FoD because of the awkward platforms at times. I love taking other :foxmelee::falcomelee: mains to this stage because they usually hate it more than I do.
Pokemon Stadium: I love this stage. It's got a low ceiling, which makes the shine shine upb strat easier. Also, there's a lot of room to laser your opponent. You can platform cancel here between the platforms and a lot more.
  • Transformations
  • Fire: It's alright, just be careful of the tree. (:foxmelee:) Don't mess with :marthmelee:.
  • Grass: My favorite transformation, there's nothing super unbalanced about it. :]
  • Rock: TO THE PIT. Not really, unless you're against someone you're sure you can dair into dair into whatever. If you are down there with a :foxmelee:, be VERY careful. you'll probably get multishined to death. If you reallyyyy want to try your luck, you can downthrow into regrab, into downthrow,... repeat until downtilt for the kill. Be super careful though, they might be able to spotdodge shine. Don't mess with :marthmelee:.
  • Water: Not bad, you can do some fun stuff with the high areas (to the right, and the windmill)

Cindrex

Smash Rookie
NNID
Cindrex
Like Cindrex Cindrex I really enjoy Pokemon Stadium. I actually don't have any quantified reason for liking the stage, it's just fun for me.
I feel EXTREMELY comfortable on the stage. Like, so comfortable to the point where I pick it Vs. :marthmelee:, even though that's one of their favorite stages.

FE_Hector

Smash Lord
I feel EXTREMELY comfortable on the stage. Like, so comfortable to the point where I pick it Vs. :marthmelee:, even though that's one of their favorite stages.
Unless I know that I have a really solid CP on another stage based on playstyle, etc... I almost always CP people to Pokemon unless they banned it. If not there, I prefer YS because I don't shoot that many lasers and it's easy to get punished for that on Yoshi's.

Kykev14

Smash Rookie
Is there a thread that we can make for this? I feel like a lot of people want to know this and that they need to know this. Thanks for all the help people.

Top Bottom