• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Falco or Sheik

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roy Dynasty

Smash Journeyman
I'm better with Falco, but it's probably only because I am a Star Fox fan more than a Zelda fan so I use him more. I'm also familiar with fox's moves (from the last game) and I think that helps.

izdabombz

Smash Ace
Am i crazy or it that every time a smash noob joins, they make a topic that relates "OR" And "Favorite"

But any, i like sheik with zelda, Makes me feel smart

Bedi Vegeta

Smash Master
FALCO . . . GAY . . . SHIEK . . . GAY . . . TOO . . . FRIEND!

EVERYONE . . . GAY . . . LOL!

n00b

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
peasantstat.us
3DS FC
1693-1292-7210
Bebi Veggie, first of all, it's GHEY. G-H-E-Y!

And second, you just spammed! :mad:

Annnnyway, I'd prefer Falco for his excellent and quick spike KOes.

Gilgamesh

BRoomer
BRoomer
I prefer Sheik overall, she has better priority and range, and i think she's better in the air too. Basically i'd say Falco is the least good of the top three characters. (you all know who they are), which of course doesn't mean he' bad at all.

Gerud0 Prince

Smash Journeyman
I am gona have to go with sheik I think she is so much faster and her moves her hard to see comeing.:chuckle:

Rune

Smash Lord
They're both insanely good, like juggles, go for Sheik.. like spikes, go for Falco..

Juggles are prolly better then spikes, but Falco's moves have more knockback and Falco himself is quite a bit heavier then Sheik plus he has a reflector..
On the other hand, Shiek is a bit faster and has a better comeback move.

IT's preferance really, I seem to play better with Falco.

Razor Leaf

Smash Journeyman
Personally, Sheik

Personally I prefer Sheik, but that's because Fox and Zelda/Sheik are my favourite characters.
I don't prefer Sheik because of any bad things about Falco, but rather Sheik's good points. Firstly, she's fast. She can pull off lightning fast combos and juggles without being attacked. She can run very fast and can get to items quicker. She's harder to hit than most characters and can get to items quicker. As well as her great ability to rack up damage quickly, she can also change into Zelda, allowing a mulitude of strategy and differing tactics. I usually clean up with Zelda with throws and aerial attacks.
Even without Zelda Sheik is a great character.

raul

Smash Lord
Falco Lombardi

I enjoy his excellent spike move, his great jumping ability, his extra power that Fox (my favorite) doesnt have and also, the laser of annyoance is lots of fun.

Evil Evil Bowser

Smash Journeyman
The Great Falco Lombardi Fairy

I have no idea why people like Sheik. She has too many downfalls. Falco and Sheik both fall fast, but Falco is heavier. Both have good range, speed and priority with their moves, but Falco is stronger. They both have good recovery, but both Falco's 2nd and third jumps are as good if not better than Sheik's 3rd. Also Falco has THREE spikes and Sheik has NONE. So in everyway except for speed Falco is better.

So Falco= Very, very good character
and Sheik= Fast-falling, weak, and light character with not so good recovery

game and kirby

Smash Journeyman
I think Falco is a quality character. When people first play with Shiek, they think 'Wow! I just started playing with her, and I'm comboing already!' because of her smashes and quick attacks, as well as her flowing grace. However, if you disrupt her, she can't recover well. Falco on the other hand, is simply obscene. Heavy like Link, fast like pikachu, powerful like Samus, projectile wh0re like Fox, and spiker like Yoshi, Falco has the best of everything. You're good when you first try him, and if you master him, you're a gawd. What were the designers thinking? Shiek is good, but she's an example of a balanced speedy character. Unlike Fox, her speed was evened out by low attack power and low weight. Shiek is what characters should be, not monsters like Falco.

Badboy Bighead

BRoomer
BRoomer
I like Sheik because of her ability to do attacks following the previous. It's like a non stop damage dealer. I like here recovery and all. Falco is somewhat a different character compared to Sheik. Falco's attacks are a lot better for his caliber, he is the balanced type. Sheik is more of the comboing/speed type, and not so well balanced. Sheik's speed is ideal for the normal melee, cause she can escape from attacking opponents easily. With sheik's speed, you can stay on the offense, without worrying about being evasive. With Falco, his B attacks are more evasive. Down B? All it does is is reflects projectiles, making it a defensive attack. Smash B? Phantasm? That's still more of a defensive attack because the point is for it to knock away the opponent, and it has bad recovery, unless u use down B immediately afterwards. I don't really understand how every character is insulted. Every character can fit a different players style. Sheik's style varies from Falco's. With Sheik, you need to stay on the offensive, where most players, they split half and half being on the offensive and defensive.

Geno547

Smash Cadet
falco all the way

falco is a pretty all round charector his jump relly can help in jams but sheik has speed on her hand bus bad jump so I suggest the all around charector falco

PimpLuigi

Agent Smith
BRoomer
Re: The Great Falco Lombardi Fairy

Originally posted by Evil Evil Bowser
I have no idea why people like Sheik. She has too many downfalls. Falco and Sheik both fall fast, but Falco is heavier. Both have good range, speed and priority with their moves, but Falco is stronger. They both have good recovery, but both Falco's 2nd and third jumps are as good if not better than Sheik's 3rd. Also Falco has THREE spikes and Sheik has NONE. So in everyway except for speed Falco is better.

So Falco= Very, very good character
and Sheik= Fast-falling, weak, and light character with not so good recovery
are you joking? please tell me you are. I wasn't going to post in this topic but as of now school is in session and pimp is your teacher.
First off they're both great characters so you can't go wrong whoever you pick, and personally their two of my best.
Now i jsut had to speak up, after you delievered that whack @s5 post.
First of all you said falco and sheik both fall fast? true they both fall faster than average, but falco falls noticeably faster than sheik screwing him on boards like jungle japes. Your perception of falco's weight is merely the effect of him falling faster.

Second you said they both have good recovery, this is so not true- Sheik has one of the best recoveries in the game, falco has one of the worst. Honestly what are you smoking? Falco's firebird and phantasm both have pretty crappy range, and are suspect to edge guarding like the majority of characters. Wheareas Sheik has the vanish which she is invincible during and if close enough is guaranteed a sweet spot ledge grab. Actually Scamp i think it was, was theorizing on one of the reasons why Sheik is so good(and why Reciph took first at TG3), and part of the reason was her excellent recovery and the guaranteed ledge grab(she can't be caped) from vanish. I don't even understand how you could think falco compares to Sheik in terms of recovery- not only is his recovery worse, but made more pronounced by the fact that he falls so dern fast.

Wow falco has three spikes? holy! he must be the god of SSBM! wtf you give two false reasons to start your argument, then end w/ well falco has 3 spikes so he's better in every way? Wow someone needs to take you to debate school. And to top it off you end w/ this??

So Falco= Very, very good character and Sheik= Fast-falling, weak, and light character with not so good recovery
I almost feel like letting you into the MBR just to learn you a thing or two. Your logic astounds me. Falco= good, Sheik= fast falling- wrong falco falls faster, weak- talk to anyone at TG3 and ask them how weak that f.Air is, and light character with not so good recovery, striiike 3 you're outa here. jigglypuff is a light character, pichu is a light character, g&W is a light character- Sheik is low middle, as for recovery- like i said earlier you must be joking.

Sheik may in fact just be the best in the game. There's more help me w/ Sheik topics than any other. The winner of TG3 was none other than Reciph who just happened to use Sheik. Unlike fox and falco, sheik can't be counter staged, or counter picked character wise. Meanwhile fox and falco's fall speed leaves them at a disadvantage on some maps, and we all know how peach eats up the space animals taking advantage of their fast fall speed and short range. Whereas Sheik is at home on any map, she can't be counter staged, and so far noone has proven to be any kind of effective Sheik counter. If anything it's almost disturbing how effective she is, considering the simplisticness of her game. But i guess the best solutions are always the most basic.

-Pimp

raul

Smash Lord
Everything Pimp said is correct. I knwo im afraid of sheik because i can barely beat her against any of my friends. Falco and Fox are excellent characters and I like Falco more than Sheik but Sheik has the map advantages which Falco doesnt always have. Plus shes got Zelda so its even more of an advantage.

Even thought I like Falco (and Fox) more that Sheik, for this threat, I'd have to say Sheik.

psi_ness02

Smash Apprentice
I hardly use either character . I find using weak and less than top tier characters fun to use .Though when I do try out the two I have more control and can play my style - defense , better with Falco , though I like using Sheik to be entirely offensive , when I'm in the mood , and doing combos like crazy . :D

InfiniDragon615

Smash Journeyman
Falco. He's the cheapest fighter besides Marth in the whole game, which is a good thing. He's got speed and power, unlike Sheik, who has to turn into Zelda for power, and she sucks a lot worse than Sheik IMO. Plus, you have to back off to get time to transform.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom