• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Falco matchups and character specific combos

ShineSmashShine

Smash Rookie
I;'m Interested in this as well. Been experimenting with falco vs a lot of different characters at different %'s. One thing i've noticed so far is that unlike melee it often seems better to d-air or n-air into another shorthop -air as opposed to always using shine. Try experiementing with this and see what you can come up with.. You can combo dair l cancel into like 2 or 3 more dairs at like 25% or so.

I'm particularily interested in metaknight specific combos as this matchup is very new to this game and I'm having a lot of trouble with the locals who main MK =/. It's hard to approach him because he out prioritises you and his recovery is insane.. It's a tough ledge guard and when you finally do get some momentum it's hard to retain it because he is so damned floaty. Any insight on this would be wikid.

Acorn

Smash Cadet
Diar does combo into dair quite well. I sometimes go into practice games and shffl dairs on the cpu as fast as possible just to perfect the timing. It's different to shffl if you hit vs just in the air.

On a similar note, I often dair out of shield (instead of shine oos) if I have time since I know I won't accidentally spot dodge lol.

As far as characters like Meta Knight, landing a ko move can be hard. Dtilt is really good though. If they tech it doesn't work, but dthrow to dtilt is a scary thing. Or try a shine bair combo, but that's a bit harder.

Last edited:

Zekk

Smash Apprentice
Edge guarding is simple C-stick down or when they come back wavedash off the ledge shine jump dair DI backwards this spikes most of the time

only do this if you have fast fingers

Zx2963

Smash Journeyman
I have a Fox combo that you can do around 50-70% or so depending on the DI (only can be done on a platform stage): Shine > SH Uair (sweetspot) > Ledge Cancel Shine > Uair

Chesstiger2612

Smash Lord
@ Acorn Acorn
On MK you have to rack up damage with pillars and kill with bair or f-smash, if possible out of a combo.

Also dair-> dair is used near the ledge because the first dair will send diagonal upward and the second will spike. Otherwise using shine or up-tilt as combo starters is better

@ Zekk Zekk
RAR bair edgeguards are far less risky and still powerful, every dair which isn't used immediate after your first jump could kill you.

@ Zx2963 Zx2963
While this works on no DI, I would recommend to WD out of shine because they can DI and then use a dair at that percentage. It will have similar damage but will more likely combo further because you get a knockdown situation.

Zx2963

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, WD out of it and another follow up is usual better in most cases, especially on DI.
Another combo I've found is Jab (first 2 hits) > Jab Reset Dtilt > FH Shine > JC Dair, only works also though at a low percent (and I've only used this on Fox)

Last edited:

Acorn

Smash Cadet
@ Acorn Acorn
On MK you have to rack up damage with pillars and kill with bair or f-smash, if possible out of a combo.

Also dair-> dair is used near the ledge because the first dair will send diagonal upward and the second will spike. Otherwise using shine or up-tilt as combo starters is better
Cool thanks

Top Bottom