• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Falco Falco Edge

jacobrhcp

Smash Apprentice
Falco on the edge.

I've done loads of Falco vs. Falco matches (FD) with my little brother. I'm not great, but I think there are some very clear things that you should do in case you need to edgeguard in such a match. You can tell me if it's all bull****.

Falco has some great moves on falco when it comes to cliffhangers.

The recovery can be set in three different situations

1. close to the edge. try spiking it, if your too late then don't. Take some distance and try take advantage of his numb attacks.

2. medium from the edge. Stand close to the edge and short hop ada, or full jump ada. If he chooses to cliffhang, down smash.
Or: hang on the cliff yourselves. If he attacks the cliff, climb up-> he dies. If he attacks to the stage, do an a-comeback attack and hit him.

3. far from the edge. He now has to go for the cliffhanging. Hang on the cliff yourselves and climb up as he attacks.

If you can't here are some possibilities;

- Spike. Falco's ada works on the edge. If you aim presicely on the edge, cliffhangers will get hit with the same effect.
- down smash. If you don't have time to get on the edge before the opponent does, you can wait until your opponents grabs the edge and tilt the c-stick down/smash down.
- forward smash. If you are at the right distance from the edge and smash forward, any cliffhangers will get hit!

Dont try these on people already on the edge, they will take advantage of the situation. Instead use these as a preparation for falco's that are about to approach the edge.

Now suppose you are very close to the edge and the other falco is cliffhanging (less then 100 damage). What usually will happen is that he'll try to edge-attack you. Now that you expect that do the folowing of two things;

1. short hop ada
2. (if you face the edge when this happens) shield and grab out of shield.
Now, what to do if you're not that close, and he keeps hanging on the edge (this never happens to pros);

Suppose a falco (less then 100 damage) hanging on the edge, and your nowhere close. Make sure your move so that you are just out of range of his a-comeback.
There are now several things he can do to try get back on.

1. press A
2. press R
3. hold the control stick up.
4. press x/y
5. let the edge go, rejump into an illusion.
6. let the edge go, rejump into an afa
7. let the edge go, (rejump into) up B

Some reflexes are required.

Heres what you need to do:

1. Run dash attack. He will be thrown off, and you will return to the same position if you can't spike him.
2. Just hit him (u smash, dsmash ie.)
3. He got on. Too bad. He didn't have loads of damage and you weren't quick enough to stop him before he got on the edge. Most people forget to do this. If he does it too often, mindgame him out of it.
4. Jump forward and afa
5. go where his illusion will come and do a (charged) smash.
6. smash
7. This one is easy; smash/spike to death.

If the cliffhanging falco has over 99 damage his recovery will be slower.
You can smash it easily. Prepare the same for moves 4,5,6,7.

In general, there are two recovery moves; forward B and up B. both can be smashed or spiked easily in many situations.

I chose two mails in my example, this due to my own experiences. All should be replaced by he/she and him/her.

Smash G 0 D

Leave Luck to Heaven
BRoomer
I don't really get your post much. Spikes and Dsmashes are probably a couple of the most efficient ways to kill when they are hanging on the ledge. Falco's Fair isn't used too much.Usmash isn't that great unless juggling. Watch some Falco vids. Anyways welcome to the boards I think.

jacobrhcp

Smash Apprentice
Thanks for the welcome

Sorry I couldn't make myself clear. I know these are very powerfull edgeguarding techniques, but you can't allways use them unfortunately. Or at least, not that I know.

I have watched plenty falco falco =)

TheKneeOfJustice

Smash Lord
Or if you're good, and can randomly pull them off, (my friends get frustrated whenever I pull one off) is Shine them out of their recovery (press down+b on the edge), shine turn, and do a rising Dair for the dirtiest spike imagineable.

Top Bottom