• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Falco combo help

MrMaples

Smash Rookie
Hey guys, Recently I started playing falco and fox, (used to play CF when learning tech skill, still love this guy though)
My main problem is my combo game however. I find great difficulty in doing falcos shine combo. I also have some alright tech skill. (just need to get down the adv. tech and then perfect everything)

So lets take marth for example, I'll shine full hop dair, land wait for the uptilt, and usually i'll get hit by the marth player.
Most of my game seems to be landing one or two hits. (Sometimes the combos happens rarely a 0-death though)

My main goal with the char is to be able to 0-death consistently or at least 0-70%

so What should I keep in mind with falco while trying to combo so i wont get hit/miss

Edit: Also I feel like I spam a lot of tech while playing :s

Last edited:

KingKirb

Smash Journeyman
I'm somewhat new also, but I can give some advice from what I've picked up. Maybe a better player can tell me if I'm correct. If some of this seems like common knowledge to you please forgive me because I don't know how much you know. Hopefully you'll pick something up from this.

Mostly start combos with launching enemies in the air.
Good combo starters are: Wavedash into shine, Dair into shine, SHFFL nair, down tilt (if you can land it), dash attack, upsmash, and throws.

Falco is a vertical combo character who kills horizontally. Luckily, most of his moves combo into each other.

Other small things I've noticed:
1) REMEMBER TO USE YOUR LASER! It has great hitstun, so you can follow up attacks well with it.
2) Be sure to master SHFFL! It will speed up your combos and let you get more done. A more technical player is a better player.
3) Mix it up with jab attacks and lasers. Small hits are good for setting up combos or making a combo last longer.
4) Learn to waveland, dash dance, and be tricky with your movement. If your enemy cant predict you, it will work out better for you.
5) You can jump out of shine right away if you jump in the first few frames of the shine.
6) Learn how to crouch cancel and jump cancel your smash attacks. You can also jump cancel your grab for increased range during a dash.

I hope I was helpful.

MrMaples

Smash Rookie
My tech skill is very solid I can hit 95/100 Lcancels with Sh I'm less consistant on my FH tech, but that's being worked on. Wavelands with falco aint perfect I still have to angle the stick a bit, getting perfect horizontal Wlands are silly hard. My problem is the conversions, I know I have the tech-skill to make any conversion, I just seem to flub it. I can even double shine on command. OOS is even an option. I'm just bored of DD'ing then converting 2 hits, and flubbing the combo. and then resuming the neutral game.

hariooo

Smash Apprentice
in ur example u need to delay the dair as long as possible then get back on the ground as quickly as possible. marth shouldnt hit you

-Dubs

Smash Cadet
use light hits to combo like the Dr. PeePee fair light nair uair up tilt
What he said. Light hits such as Fair, soft Nair/Bair, UpSmash, and UpTilt are great combo tools.
Not every :falcomelee: combo involves Shines.

Last edited:

Noscaj

Smash Rookie
for pillaring marth u have to dj before u dair and prolong the dair as long as u can

Top Bottom