• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Falco birdy in the current metagame

Krax_

Smash Rookie
Why falco hella sux lool

(if you can't handle swears GTFO lolololo)

SO,
Bcus Falco is a high tier he is a very developed character and many people have experience playing and watching him. Falcos most unique tool is his lasers (dat neutral game is fuego) and his
insane combo game, both of which can be avoided by a skilled player. And because of the increase in SKILLZ in the melee playerbase, falco gets f0cked right over bcus everybody knows how 2 counter lasers nowadays and his combos r super DIable, bcus look, the bird is hella slow (maybe air friction from the feathers LOOL) and SDI makes the shine hella bad-er bcus now people has this arthritis SDI so they just go in the ground and tech wtf? How do you deal with falco in todays metagame? How do you play falco in tdays metagame? Why should you listen to me? idfk just shut up and listen; Lesa go

Why falco GOOD

Neutral & laserzz
What people have most problems with is falcos neutral game, which is arguably the best in the game (personally think fox has better because sick DD and JC grab so fast) because of his lasers and shine out of shield. His lasers can interrupt approaches, and he can then control the pace of the game, if the falco player good. For example, if a fox just dash dance camping LIKE THEY ALWAYS DO then you can just laser them bcus I how tf they gon outrun a fawkign laser? So you can force them to either get hit or shield it (watch out for powershields) or some other shield options like roll or spotdodge (EZ PUNISHHH)

The most interesting thing about falcos laser is that
errybody deals with lasers differently, so you can test them out and see how they react after they get hit by a laser, if they mix up or nah. For example, m2k always goes aggressive or tryna Pshield 'em, so to deal with this you can laser twice before going in instead of doing the standard laser -> aerial-approach, so you laser once, do the defensive laser (back away) to beat the approach/aerial and punish afterwards. Or if they hella cocky (like anybody that plays melee ever lmfao) they probs think they can Pshield EVERY laser all the time you just do one of them fake lasers (KRAX ORIGINAL PLZ DON'T NOT STEAL :33) so it gon look like you dont got no ammo for the gun and they always just put they shield up and then shield release (11 frames of free raepp) or if they jump out or do an OOS option you can always react to the next move they do out of shield instead. And then when they realize that you're just a blatant scam faker **** so they just stop shielding or dodge the lasers that they usually do to handle lasers and then suddenly ur pistol OPPPPPPPPPP as fuggle

Falco has some very good aerial approaches as well, not only bcus he has one of t he best dairs in the entire game

Why falco SUX

Then how do you deal with lasers?!? AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
EZ. Poor birdie has SCH1TTay squatframes. meaning it takes 5 frames to get in the air and unless ur frame perfect every signle ****ing shffl ur gonna have like 1 frame extra before u do ur aerial or laser input, and then there's the startup on that too, so you can expect a bit of startup on your aerials. this means that if someone like a marth for example just runs up to your lag on the SH (5 frames) + (slight delay on your input also dependant on wether you do high or low lasers so about another 1-5 frames max) and then the laser come out frame 13!! they just gon run up and d-tilt you offstage into oblivion (f-tilt works too, even fsmash sometimes). What i'm sayin is falco can get interuppted everytime he does a laser, ya feel me? ESPECIALLY if he fakes a laser cause then he got regular landing lag (4 frames) and marth has no risk of getting shot either since u ain't shooting.

What falco probably does then is laser less and/or only laser when he's further away and not as cocky nymore. So then, since most of the falco matchup is laserz you have a better chance of winning because falco is then just a fat and slow fox with a good shine (that's smaller than my ****ing d1cc)

another way to deal with lasers is just taking them (sometimes try to powershield them since that's almost always good, shuts the bird up for a while, too since he's very likely unused to getting lasered himself) and adapt to when he's used to approaching, and then just dashdance or wavedash back and punish his aerial shine like usual with a grab bcus his shine is so small you can stand outsite of his range and just grab him safe asf and 0-killdie *****...

tl;dr:
take laserz like a fccn man
falco always gonna do laser - approach sometime
so just wavedash back grab him
0-killdie *****

That because when falco lands in the ground he usually stuck there for a while, L cancel and shine which you can outspace, and if he tries to jump away / do an aerial you can interrupt like I said before

so a good way to defeat falco is read his approach (no **** that goes for everyone krax succ my) well falco lands HAAARD asffff so you have some more time to lay up a punish at em. if falco doesn't laser he gets FUUUUccgDdd up by dashdancing back or wavedash back

What falco gotta do then, if he gets dashdanced to ****? He could

Laser approach instead of aerial, for example laser (probably need to dash forward again since they hold away) -> grab

* Mix up when you approach, laser twice approach, laser thrice approach, fake laser approach, straight up run up and grab them

* Overshoot aerials, overshoot grabs <3 (works like a chaaarm)

* Undershoot and bait, do a dair that's slightly out of their range so they either whiff or you punish that they run up with a surprise attack, people overestimate dair lag

* Lasercamp them and don't approach

And then eventually this goes back and forth if they are both good players like yours truly :*

However nowadays falcos are so predictable and honestly DUMB (like urs truly :* loolol) and rely on gimmicks (this isn't a new thing, mind u)
Gimmicks by falco has always been a thing, but nowadays people are so good that those gimmicks are just strait up SCHEIIZzzz so falco don't win many tournaments (other than mang0 I guess) you see more foxes and marths win dawg
so peeps just generally need to adapt duud

Like the wise man mang0 once said, when falcos get predictable that's when they SUUUCCC and you get all kinds of ****ed up. But when you mix **** up then your falco is untouchable and he's a super high tier

That's why my personal tier list goooes->>

S: Fox, Marth
A+: Falco/Sheik
F-: errybody ROFLMAO

S is ordered, A+ are on the same spot

Now I want some answers from you guys, how ******** am I 1-10?
* Why do I rock?
* General thoughts on Falco?
* Falco in the tier list?
* Is Falco really a bird or is he actually a kangaroo with a gun? Can't fly 4 ****
* How will falco look in the future? Better or worse?
* Falcos shine, it works very geeuuuwd yes? But is falco a viable dude for floaties?

Top Bottom