• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Falco and Sheik

AThirdParty

Smash Apprentice
Exactly why does Falco supposedly **** Sheik? Is everyone just listening to Dope too much?

FalseFalco

Smash Master
Falco has quite a bit of stuff on Sheik.

For one, Sheik's game revolves heavily around defensive play, needles, and spurts of attacks. Falco doesn't suffer against defensive characters (who don't have a broken downsmash) and excels at pressuring shields and keeping on the offense. It's very rare that a Falco will be playing a Sheik's game in a match, and the lasers amplify Falco's overall control of the match.

In the early stages of a match, Sheik suffers at the hands of crouch cancels and needs to land grabs and put the opponent on defense long enough to get them out of crouch cancel percents. Getting a Falco on the defense is quite the feat, and until that happens things just go from bad to worse for Sheik. Some serious mindgames are required to neutralize a Falco, but for Falco the only thing required is Down+B.

Any scuffle Sheik gets into ends up with the Sheik flying upwards from a shine. Thats just how Falco works close quarters, and this fact leads entire stocks to be lost by Shiek whenever she organizes an approach. Falco just has too many turnaround attacks and good crouch moves for a Sheik to play offensively. Don't get me wrong though Sheik can easily destroy Falco, but that usually happens when the Sheik gambles near an edge and lands a quick grab; it doesn't just happen straight out. For Falco it does however as Sheik is a near-perfect weight for the shine and uptilt.

Both characters recoveries suck but edgeguarding definately goes to Sheik. I've seen and experienced too many low percent deaths to be convinced otherwise.

In conclusion, if Sheik had a better clearing move or just plain was better than Falco then it might be an even match.

It's hard to listen to Dope too much.

tshahi10

Smash Ace
also,falco kills her by lasers and pillaring. sheik cant have anything to do when you being blasted and some jumps are cancelled and when you being pressured with pillars

AThirdParty

Smash Apprentice
Well I'm challenging the "Falco ***** Sheik" view. This match is dead even. Sheiks complain about even matches way too much. Sheik doesn't have a harder time getting around lasers than Marth or anyone else thought to be even with Falco. I'm tired of hearing Sheiks john about Falco players. If Sheik vs. Fox is even, this match is just as even.

GamerGuitarist7

Smash Champion
shine > shine > dair **** her because she's kinda heavy, but another cool thing is when she's coming back down utilt out prioritizes almost all her aerials which could lead to another dair

Eggm

Smash Hero
I feel its even too, shiek can be very lame off the edge againt falco, once you fall off the edge its a 50 % chance you will die everytime. If the shiek chooses the right move depending on if you up + b or forward + b its death. If she can camp platforms and use good mind games when choosing to attack and stay up there to help to fight againt lasers she has a good chance, I feel this matchup is dead even.

Mcscruff

Smash Ace
falco doesn't **** sheik. its almost even. all sheik has to do is downthrow and techchase with grab or downsmash. sheik ***** falcos recovery with needles, and can combo him with ease. to win, dont get grabbed.

A-Laon

Smash Master
I vote this match even (especially seeing as I've played this match at least 2000 times with the only competent smasher in my neighborhood). Falco can combo Sheik to hell and back, while Sheik can pull random **** out of the blue and send Falco sailing, ready to be gimped. Both characters are equally capable of obliterating the other once they're in control, so, like any good match-up, it just comes down to who plays smarter and better orchestrates their attacks.

tarheeljks

Smash Lord
@anyone talking about Falco's recovery: Falco's recovery sucks anyway, so it's not like Sheik is taking away a large part of his game. Also, where do you get that Sheik and Fox are even. I was under the impression that Sheik had a better than normal matchup against Fox/Falco, but was still at a slight disadvantage. It's not unreasonable to suggest that the matchup is even, I'd just like a little more evidence.

TheKneeOfJustice

Smash Lord
@AThirdParty. That has almost no relevance. Falco's laser actually does something in this match-up, where as Fox's weak a$$ projectile does jack. The big difference is Fox and Falco's recovery, but Sheik edge-guards those just the same. The major difference is Falco can work rediculous amounts on damage on Sheik very fast, and because of his falling speed, she can do the same. The match-up is largely determined by lasers, DI, and who grabs first. I think it's about even.

Wilhelmsan

Smash Lord
Both are equipped with good KO moves, fast moves, a good projectile, and good defense.

Falco is stronger on the ground while Sheik is stronger in the air.

Ares726

Smash Ace
I think it comes down to who gets who off the stage first. Sheik can avoid SHL as long as the fight isn't on FD. In the air Sheik outprioritizes Falco, but Falco's CC->dtilt hurts Sheik pretty bad and sets up well for combos. Sheik can stop the pillar pretty easily if the player knows what to do. If Sheik gets Falco off the stage, Falco loses the stock. If Falco gets Sheik off the stage, Sheik will maybe lose the stock; however, if Falco keeps Sheik on the stage, Sheik loses the stock. Falco is really good at racking up quick damage on Sheik and finishing her off with a bair out of a shine or a quick fsmash.

I don't really know who has the advantage. I think it's at least little stage dependent though.

Top Bottom