• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fake Suicide to Loyde

Artmastercorey

Smash Journeyman
(NOTE VERY SITUATIONAL MOVE)

Hope Im not wasting anyone's time here but I haven't seen anyone do this (though they might have) so heres a tricky and risky move I sometimes use as a surprise/mixup if my opponent and I both are at killing percent and Im knocked off the stage. With this move I take advantage of being in the OFF SCREEN bubble, pretend im dead, and ride the loyd rocket back for a surprise attack. I'll try my best to explain it.

When an opponent hits me off the stage and Im sent flying OFF SCREEN I take advantage of not being in Camera.
So while OFF SCREEN instead of trying to recover by jumping towards the direction of the stage, once out of hitstun I'll pretend like Im still flying to my doom by JUMPING AWAY in the opposite direction (they think they won) then I ride the loyde rocket as fast as I can back on stage into my opponent for a surprise "back from the grave" attack.

This has net me kills but obviously isnt something to spam, just something to use maybe only once on an opponent who never saw it coming and just another recovery option. I know everyone knows you can ride the loyde back on stage but the interesting thing about this is using it when offscreen and tricking your foe into believing your are still flying off screen. More ways to mix things up and take advantage of villager's amazing recovery options.

Last edited:
Top Bottom