• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fair..

LaserBust

Smash Journeyman
Hey I just watchin Fumi today and I noticed he did a Fair>jab(or w/e yoshi's neutral a is) > Dsmash. I thought it was pretty sexy btw..I know the Fair can be teched, but Djc'ed its an overall quick move and I could see some1 missin the tech completly.
So can any1 give me any good leads into the Fair or shall I try Fair>Fair.. mhm. Thx ahead.

D

Deleted member

Fair is a nice move. Not to be used too much, as its start up lag is really bad, but if u can land it, its amazing. I dont think fair can be teched, might be wrong but it hits the enemy straight up, if im not mistaken. I like to fair->uair-> more uairs or a dair, at medium percents. Try to shuffle the fair but wait until most of the windup lag is finished, so that u can quickly hit them and commence comboization,

The |Egg| Sniper

Smash Apprentice
Dthrow->fair->FF nair works rather well if the fair isn't teched on impact.
Egg->fair when in close range.

A few that I use often. Fairs are good on their own, when used properly.

Rob_Gambino

Smash Lord
If I f-air into a shield, i usually follow with the 2 jab thing into d-tilt. It whittles down the shield leaving their feet open.

Jihnsius

Smash Lord
might be wrong but it hits the enemy straight up
Forward air is a meteor.

When an opponent misses a tech from a fair, stay just above them and wait for the rising attack as you're falling above them, then double jump cancel another fair. Follow up with nair, eggs, uair, whatever. If they don't DI you can get in a decent amount of the dair hits for some nice damage.

D

Deleted member

Forward air is a meteor.

When an opponent misses a tech from a fair, stay just above them and wait for the rising attack as you're falling above them, then double jump cancel another fair. Follow up with nair, eggs, uair, whatever. If they don't DI you can get in a decent amount of the dair hits for some nice damage.
I know, i meant it hits them up if they are standing on the ground :p sorry if that was unclear.

Jihnsius

Smash Lord
Not sure if this is very useful, it's a trick I learned watching Silent Spectre's Falcon: When right next to the edge against a fastfaller, grab and downthrow. They'll go forward off the stage and slightly below the edge. Immediately run off the stage and forward air. The timing here is tricky, if you don't do it quick enough you won't be able to recover.

Jihnsius

Smash Lord
At anything below 12%, forward air to downsmash is an easy extra 30% against low gravity characters. Against high gravity characters, forward air to downtilt is a better bet to put you in position for techchasing.

Something I've been trying to get to work is forward air at low percent to a down air. I think there's around 5 frames the opponent can react with it perfectly landed, so it's almost a guaranteed 50% right off the bat unless they smash DI out (unless it's against Fox.) I'm not too sure on the frame times, perhaps someone else can shed some light on it.

Top Bottom