• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fair sweetspot?

Scervo

Smash Rookie
Does fair have a sweetspot, if so where? Should I be hitting with the tip of it, trying to hit them at a downward angle, early in the animation, late in the animation, etc

Scroll

Smash Ace
Premium
I am not 100% sure, but from experience Fair does not have any weak hitboxes and so no sweet spot either.
2 things can go wrong tho.
Reversing the hit.
And getting a phantom hit.

I hope that answers your question

LovinMitts

Smash Journeyman
Fair hits the same all the way through the move. At the guy above me said, you can reverse it or get a phantom hit.

In order to get a reverse fair, you have to hit them at the beginning, above, and slightly behind Sheik. Reverse hits happen when a move connects with the opponent on the other side of what is considered the "center" of your character. In Melee, horizontal knockback is applied in relation to which way the attacking character is facing/which side of the character you're being hit from.

As far as phantom hits, if a hitbox touches the hurtbox of a character, but doesn't overlap it, the opponent will take half the normal damage and no knockback.

Top Bottom