• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fair/Bair to grab

Crip

Smash Rookie
So recently vs spacies ive been doing a lot of landing fairs/bairs to hit fox or falco, and it seems to nearly (if not always) lead to a grab if i hit the l-cancel. Has anyone else used this combo consistently? I understand there are counters (CC d-tilt will probably beat this out) but if I space it well I think I can dodge CC shine at least. Any thoughts on this, fellow puff mains? This is easily my most consistent combo into up-throw rests.

Low5_

Smash Apprentice
I mean, I'm pretty sure you're able to spot dodge or roll before getting grabbed if you buffer it, it's not a bad mixup if you think you've pressured/conditioned them into shield, but definitely not something to do too often as you may get spot dodge -> grabbed yourself.

Little ShOcKeR

Smash Cadet
at genesis it only ever worked against lower level spacies. once i hit top 5 in pools everyone knew what to do and would just grab me after the fair/bair. so maybe read what they do after they get hit by the fair/bair like hit them and sit there and once they throw out a move grab them.

Low5_

Smash Apprentice
If you've put a lot of pressure on them in the air and they start shielding your approaches it's definitely a mixup that shouldn't be forgotten, but a good thing to note, is that puff's grab range is longer than fox's (not falcos). Provided the correct spacing you could fair and potentially grab while outside of his grab range. This still leaves room for buffered spot dodge and potentially jab, which could also end in your demise depending on your percent.

Basically, only do it when you're low --> mid percent and won't die off of a punish.

Top Bottom