• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

F-Zero Pit Stop F-Zero WX ????

Status
Not open for further replies.

daisythirdeyeW33

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys,

what I meant by the title is that how will the next F-Zero game be? Will there twice as much than what GX had?
More race courses, more f-zero racers, more custom parts, ONLINE GAMING, create a pilot?

We know for sure there will be another f-zero game. I also know as a fact that this game will be much more realistic in the graphics department.

P.S.
The 'W' means the Nintendo Wii. Just like what the 'G' stands for GameCube and the 'A' for the arcades. The 'X' could probably mean the original F-Zero X from the N64, right?

Kujirudo

Smash Lord
Mmm I don't know. A Create-A-Pilot is just unavoidable when you want to play online. Combine this with the Garage mode you had in GX and it's race till your *** falls off. More tracks for certain(MORE MUTE CITY TRACKS, MORE MUTE CITY TRACKS!!!). But I think they need to come with more new stuff then just Create-A-Pilot mode. In GX we had the Story Mode(wich took me dammed long to complete) and the Garage Mode, so I expect from WX(I like that name) to be at least that original...

HMWii22

BRoomer
BRoomer
I don't really play F-Zero but I just wanted to point out that it should be called "F-Wiiro".

xianfeng

Smash Hero
I like it, but like only one or two new drivers because there would be a custom pilot and car thing, a part where you are out of your ship (not much of it), online and more depth into the characters, also a Metroid cameo would be nice (Jody Summer works with Samus so it would be easy to put in)

daisythirdeyeW33

Smash Apprentice
xianfeng,

Jody Summer is an okay character to bond with Samus, but you should have thought of Captain Falcon! He's a bounty hunter just like Samus. And they should make it sound like they are joining forces to hunt down some really evil character they wanted dead or alive.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
But Jody is a bounty hunter too and she works for the galatic federation people with Samus already, so she would need to play a main role as well :p

xianfeng

Smash Hero
Jody is alright, but Captain Falcon would win more over fans.
Yeah Captain Falcon as the main of course but Jody needs a lead supporting role thing as well, she has always been an important and popular character.

Here's a storyline Idea it's only at the start though

Deathbourne has struck the Galactic Federation but this time he's not alone, he's paired up with the roughest villains around Dai Goroh, Samurai Goroh, Black Shadow and others. The federation in desperate need of help called together five of their best Hunters, Captain Falcon an excellent Bounty hunter and racer, Samus Aran a world renound Bounty Hunter, Rick Wheeler and apprentance to Falcon, Jody Summer a bounty hunter and former miss Galactic Space federation and Princia Ramode who's technology and Magic help her become a fierce warrior.

But Team Falcon weren't the only ones on the Job James McCloud gather some other fzero racers and decided to get the bounty first and he created the second Galaxy Dogs with Billy the some what evolved Monkey who is in it to win it, Antonia Guster who has sworn revenge on Samurai Goroh, John Tanaka a mechanic at the Galactic Space federation and Lily Flyer an all attitude Miltary Girl.

Brightside6382

Smash Lord
lol if they do make a new F-Zero they gotta improve the physics so there not so easily abusable :p. Snaking and Shift boosting is fun and all but broke the game to the point where only a select few characters are realistically usable.

Kujirudo

Smash Lord
Quite the story xianfeng, although I highly doubt that would truly happen: Making teams like that.

Brightside, let me give you an example. I love Draq and his Mighty Typhoon. As soon as I learned how to use him, I did all the races over on all difficulty levels. I hate Pico since I can't work with his steering.
My best friend started to play with Pico since he looked so dammed strong. I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw him win the Emerald Cup on Expert. I told him how he did that, and he said he could ask me the same thing with Draq since he didn't understand how I could use a car like that.
What I'm trying to say: F-Zero had a lot of cars, and each players has(like in SSB and SSBM) a best character and car since everyone plays diffrent. Some go for speed, others for control. It's all about what you like the most.

daisythirdeyeW33

Smash Apprentice
Hey xianfeng,

sorry about testing your support for Jody Summer,

And as for the create-a-pilot mode, it is a good idea for the developers to try out. I mean, online playing is perfect for it!

You can design your own f-zero pilot,
insert your bio for it,
start a club to join,
modify or create an f-zero machine to your likings,
name your f-zero machine whatever you want (using profanity will probably not be allowed)
put emblems on them (you can purchase some more emblems online),

of course, you can still choose the real f-zero pilots to drive it.
But, making your own machine and an avatar is better than having some computer character claiming it.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
Quite the story xianfeng, although I highly doubt that would truly happen: Making teams like that.
I know, I like to write stories and thats where that was headed :p, But I had plot twists to keep the reader intrested ;)

And as for the create-a-pilot mode, it is a good idea for the developers to try out. I mean, online playing is perfect for it!

You can design your own f-zero pilot,
insert your bio for it,
start a club to join,
modify or create an f-zero machine to your likings,
name your f-zero machine whatever you want (using profanity will probably not be allowed)
put emblems on them (you can purchase some more emblems online),

of course, you can still choose the real f-zero pilots to drive it.
But, making your own machine and an avatar is better than having some computer character claiming it.
Yeah so then you can make it as personal as you want.

Brightside6382

Smash Lord

Brightside, let me give you an example. I love Draq and his Mighty Typhoon. As soon as I learned how to use him, I did all the races over on all difficulty levels. I hate Pico since I can't work with his steering.
My best friend started to play with Pico since he looked so dammed strong. I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw him win the Emerald Cup on Expert. I told him how he did that, and he said he could ask me the same thing with Draq since he didn't understand how I could use a car like that.
What I'm trying to say: F-Zero had a lot of cars, and each players has(like in SSB and SSBM) a best character and car since everyone plays diffrent. Some go for speed, others for control. It's all about what you like the most.
Beating Master cups with any character isn't that hard to begin with o.O. Its really just all about learning who can drift and who cant, also knowing alittle bit about the cars accelleration habits also helps. What I was trying to say is even though everyone does have a certain preference or favorite car the physics engine is so abusable where only a few characters can be considered "the best" when you bring them to their max potential. The Wild Geese and Mighty Typhoon will never be as good Black Bull, and Hyper Speeder. Both those cars can easily hit 1.8k speed while snaking while Pico and Darx can barely match that speed WITH their boosts.

Kujirudo

Smash Lord
Beating Master cups with any character isn't that hard to begin with o.O. Its really just all about learning who can drift and who cant, also knowing alittle bit about the cars accelleration habits also helps. What I was trying to say is even though everyone does have a certain preference or favorite car the physics engine is so abusable where only a few characters can be considered "the best" when you bring them to their max potential. The Wild Geese and Mighty Typhoon will never be as good Black Bull, and Hyper Speeder. Both those cars can easily hit 1.8k speed while snaking while Pico and Darx can barely match that speed WITH their boosts.
I know that they can be beter, yet you need to be able to control them. And that, my friend, is what I mean: You have to be able to handle that car to win from one another. It's the same like Smash. If you can't handle your car/character properly, train more or pick another car/character.

bijoukaiba

Smash Journeyman
Jody Summer is an okay character to bond with Samus, but you should have thought of Captain Falcon! He's a bounty hunter just like Samus. And they should make it sound like they are joining forces to hunt down some really evil character they wanted dead or alive.
Hmm... Captain Falcon meets Samus somewhere outside of SSB... I'd love to see that!! :love: I wonder how many fanfics would spring from the game? :laugh:

I agree with xianfeng's storyline, but get rid of the second part of the story.

daisythirdeyeW33

Smash Apprentice
Do you think they should add a create-a-course mode? I just wondering about that, because an F-Zero game once had that until they canceled it.

What do you say about having a create-a-course mode in the next game? I wouldn't mind seeing one.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
But Jody is a bounty hunter too and she works for the galatic federation people with Samus already, so she would need to play a main role as well :p
I'm pretty sure Jody and Samus don't work with the same federation. Samus works for the Galactic Federation while Jody works for the Galactic Space Federation. Just because the names are similar, it does not mean they are the same thing.

Still, I think having Samus in the possible next game maybe a good idea. If not because they want to keep the universes separate, then put in someone similar to Samus like how James McCloud is very similar to the one in the Star Fox universe.

FireBomb

Smash Lord
Hey the names make sense... GX on Gamecube, AX in the arcade, WX on the Wii...F-Zero is awesome; I'm looking forward to seeing what the next title will be like.

There are already other referances to other games and such in the pilots. Mr. EAD is named after one of the debug programming teams, I believe. He also has the 'stache and star of Mario. Pico was named after a system made by Sega that was directed for children that never got popular (I have one myself...). Another referance wouldn't hurt...

Kujirudo

Smash Lord
Yes, F-Zero has a lot of references, however I only noticed Mr. EAD his star. I didn't think of Fox when I saw James. Ow, and if Samus would make it as another female racer, I demand her to be without her suit!

bijoukaiba

Smash Journeyman
I got some new ideas for two racers and one of them is, like James McCloud, a hint at other Nintendo franchises:

Samus Aran (age 30) with SUPERNOVA HUNTRESS
BODY: C
BOOST: B
GRIP: C
Samus was tipped off about the race from her friend and co-worker at the Galactic Federation, Jody Summers. With some help from Dr. Clash, she had a car constructed just in time for the races.

Marus Lowell (age 18) with BLIZZARD PRINCE
Body: D
Boost: A
Grip: B
He seems to have previously met Captain Falcon. English is his second language, and therefore doesn't speak very well. The stats of his car are supposed to represent his skills as a swordsman.

Blood Falcon had "Tragedy in the Laundromat", Mr. EAD had "Baking Lessons" Dr. Stewart had "Image Training"... if Samus was incorporated, what her mini-movie be?

I'm currently working on a storyline for the possible "WX" in the form of fanfiction (And yes, Samus is in it). XD
Probably a stupid question, but do you think there could possibly be... chemistry incorporated between Sam & Falcon? I didn't put anything like that into my story... yet. Oy, I feel ridiculous for asking now. Curse myself, for being a hopeless romantic. XP

daisythirdeyeW33

Smash Apprentice
Of course, Samus Aran won't EXACTLY be in the game. She would probably be a look-alike to Samus. Just like what they did to James McCloud. He was a take on Fox's father and its franchise.

Still, I doubt she would be in it. Because this would mean that Nintendo has to put other characters in it as well. Say Link? Or Snake?

SwayneGang

Smash Journeyman
If another F-Zero game does come out, this what I want to see: Star Fox characters. Fox, Falco, Krystal, and to make things more interesting, the "Star Fox" version of James McCloud.

Samus would also be a good choice, but for right now, I'd want to see the actual Star Fox characters in F-Zero.

FireBomb

Smash Lord
They can't just put the actual look of a character with all the details of their life and such, that's not proper. If there's new characters with appearances like Samus, they would only hint it and act like everything is totally normal with that person. It would've been nice if some of these characters were available as unlockables in AX, or something...

FiErCe_oNi

Smash Lord
put characters from other franchises in? no way. only characters based on other franchise based characters sounds good. if there is a new F-Zero on Wii, i want Phoenix to continue on with his story from GX.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom