• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

F-Zero Pit Stop F-Zero/Star Fox crossover?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Before everybody starts shouting 'ZOMG FANBOY FANTASY NO WAI IN HELL, N00B!" let me remind you of a few things.

1) F-Zero pilot named James McCloud wears the same clothes as Fox McClouds father, who is also named James McCloud.

2) Octoman is a potential boss in Star Fox: Command

3) Either the eighth or ninth ending (don't remember) for Command has both Fox and Falco convert their Arwings into F-Zero machines.

4) Both futuristic

Who thinks that this would be awesome/possible other than me?

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Who said it had to be a racer. It could have certain racing parts, but those could be in an Arwing for Star Fox characters.

As proved by Smash, Falcon can handle himself in a fight, so this game actually has (slight) chance.

maximus

Smash Apprentice
I have discussed this idea with others in the past, but not everyone seems to be able to wrap their head around it. I totally agree though-- a game that fuses the space battles of Starfox and the high speed racing of F-Zero would own so much... I mean, it isn't as though any of the F-Zero pilots are these boring characters with no life outside of racing.... And it isn't as though the Starfox/Starwolf teams are constricted to a game of flying around asteroids and shooting each other... All they'd have to do is have Fox's team go "on a vacation" outside the Lylat system, perhaps in Mute city, and there ya go.

Anyway, the adventure mode of the game would be interesting...especially if one could enter the story mode from Fox's perspective... for that would harvest an interest in F-Zero among Starfox's larger fanbase.... An aged Captain Falcon could be the occasional "partner" figure, helping you "learn about your father's life..." or something... GX-cutscene-quality graphics+Epic Multi-planet diegesis=win.

Kriegsseele

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, there are some things that I found very funny, but, well, if it's about things of one game appearing in another game, you could also expect a Zelda / Star Fox Crossover, since in OoT, there was a hidden Arwing as an enemy which was only "unlockable" with some weird cheat code or something.

The newes crossover I detected was in Mario Kart Wii when I unlocked a car named "Blue Falcon" that looked similar to C. Falcons one. XD

Well, you can cross your fingers, but it's Nintendo, after all. They use to put things from other games into new ones, just for the sake of Fan-service.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Nintendo also likes to money *****, and this would pretty much bait the more old school NES-type gamers. And, nah. Falcon shouldn't be aged. He should be the same age as he normally is (I believe its about 35).

According to a Nintendo Power trading card, Fox is 18. So, it would work out to have Falcon have some relation to Fox's father, as maximus said before.

And can't you just imagine it? Instead of the final blow on Andros being a laser, it could be a good ol' Falcon Punch.

Spire

III
BRoomer
I would like to see a game encompassing both elements from Star Fox and F-Zero, but where they aren't specifically racing or scroll-shooter games. It could be a huge action/adventure game, where you walk on foot, race, fly around in ships, and all that jazz. Falcon could fly the Falcon Flyer along with Fox and team, helping to hunt down Wolf (Falcon IS a bounty hunter) because Wolf wrecked an F-Zero race or something. It could be - and should be done. Seeing as how both series are set in futuristic settings, they could fit together perfectly. Imagine playing as Falcon and/or Fox and crew, flying to different planets to adventure around, collect a bunch of useless items, race in many local races, and fight some big organization behind it all (Andross meets Deathborn??). They could do anything really, and I'd buy it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom